Quadravox hotswitch

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Quadravox hotswitch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      birthofahero
      Participant

So I know the hotswitch is a “Learn” function but I’m trying to set a button on my midi controller to change one of the voices from a -4th to -3rd and back. Is this possible?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      birthofahero wrote:
      So I know the hotswitch is a "Learn" function but I'm trying to set a button on my midi controller to change one of the voices from a -4th to -3rd and back. Is this possible?

Yes. You can set the expression pedal (ribbon) mapping for that parameter from -4th to -3rd, and then assign the expression pedal (ribbon) to a CC message. Then you can use your MIDI controller to send that CC message to control this parameter.

birthofahero
      Participant
      bohan wrote:
      birthofahero wrote:
      So I know the hotswitch is a "Learn" function but I'm trying to set a button on my midi controller to change one of the voices from a -4th to -3rd and back. Is this possible?

Yes. You can set the expression pedal (ribbon) mapping for that parameter from -4th to -3rd, and then assign the expression pedal (ribbon) to a CC message. Then you can use your MIDI controller to send that CC message to control this parameter.

What do you mean with the ribbon comment?

birthofahero
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

birthofahero wrote:
      So I know the hotswitch is a “Learn” function but I’m trying to set a button on my midi controller to change one of the voices from a -4th to -3rd and back. Is this possible?

I think I understand what you mean, I can set the expression value aka hot knob to a CC# in the settings. That allows me to get to the expression settings set by the ribbon (in the app, I think this is what you mean) but what CC command would I send to get me back to the original settings? I think a simplier way to explain would be one CC command for toe up and one CC command for heel down.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      birthofahero wrote:

But what CC command would I send to get me back to the original settings? I think a simplier way to explain would be one CC command for toe up and one CC command for heel down.

This should be the same CC. Let's say we assign the Expression Pedal mapping to CC 99. If you send CC 99 with value 0, the expression/ribbon goes to the heel position; if you send CC 99 with value 127, the expression/ribbon goes to the toe position.

birthofahero
      Participant
      bohan wrote:
      birthofahero wrote:

But what CC command would I send to get me back to the original settings? I think a simplier way to explain would be one CC command for toe up and one CC command for heel down.

This should be the same CC. Let's say we assign the Expression Pedal mapping to CC 99. If you send CC 99 with value 0, the expression/ribbon goes to the heel position; if you send CC 99 with value 127, the expression/ribbon goes to the toe position.

Oh wow. How could I have missed something so obvious. Thanks for the reply!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.