Selecting TOG/BYP/ACT problem MidiMapping

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Selecting TOG/BYP/ACT problem MidiMapping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      blowback

Setting up my PF to work in bank mode.The first patch change I was able to set to Bypass but the second patch change just scrolls through PF preset #'s on the right side of the screen and doesn't allow me to select the state of the patch change.I'm following the instructions in the manual,any ideas??? I'm guessing that since I didn't map the first preset,just bypassed it and am trying to map the second preset this is causing a problem ????

achaput

Hi,

I need a little more information. as some things are not clear from what you wrote.  Are you using a MIDI controller to select patches on the PitchFactor? If so, which MIDI controller?

Exactly what functionality are you trying to achieve?  Please describe in detail.

-Alan

blowback

Yup,I'm using a Rocktron MidiMate as a midi controller.

Basically I want to be able to toggle the selected effect on and off but I couldn't get the Pitchfactor to display the Toggle,Bypass,Active menu at all even with the flashing arrow pointing the right direction turning the encoder button counter-clockwise as the manual says.

All it would do is scroll through the various bank number presets for mapping,which I had already mapped to the specific preset.I was able to set the first preset to Bypass no problem,the encoder button worked fine going counterclockwise.But I didn't map a preset to the first one I did,just bypassed it.When I set the second preset I needed to map an effect to the button and I can map the effect but can't access the BY/TOG/ACT function at all

Any ideas???

caveman
      Participant

When I read that section of the manual, it seemed to me that a mapped program change EITHER loaded a preset (whether bypassed or not) OR did the bypass/toggle/active function without actually loading a preset.. Either way, clarification from eventide would be appreciated.

blowback

Well I guess I can just assign my first preset in the bank to bypass the pedal for my un-effected main rhythm tone and just hit that switch every time w/ my foot but man is that gonna be a pain in the booty to assign a bypass switch in every bank on my Midimate

Not to mention my amp head is midi switchable and I was planning on having at least 3 or 4 distorted rhythm/lead sounds or maybe I'll just arrange the banks by effects needed for songs by their set list order.

achaput

The other way to select Bypass using MIDI is with MIDI Continuous Controller.

From PitchFactor's MIDI/RCV CTL menu you can select which MIDI CC will operate BYPASS.

After you choose a MIDI CC number for this, you should be able to set a button on the MIDImate to transmit that same MIDI CC and bypass the PitchFactor that way.

-Alan

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.