Software update bug

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Software update bug

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      dissever

I experienced a unique sounding problem last night with the timefactor. On digital delay , in bypass(dsp/spillover), delay time A at zero and feedback up around 100% the pedal started to whine very loudly. It seemed to creep up and the sound could be altered with the moudulation and filter controls even while in bypass. It actually sounded preet cool with some attenuation and  a low pass filter but its not very pleasant if you dont expect it to happen.  

IDeangelis

Not a bug!

If you have a short delay, very short AND a high feedback setting, you create a weird beating sound as the delay buffer is filled with few audio samples and is recirculated very fast. It's a normal behaviour. Just be careful w/feedback settings.

best

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Yeah, this is intentional. It's what people talk about when they talk about sending delays into oscillation. It's great fun especially in mod delay, vintage delay, or tape echo because you can change the pitches by yanking the delay times back and forth. Version 2 also does this more easily because you can set the feedback values to 110% and use more aggressive filtering.

Have fun but be careful, it can get loud

dissever

I use oscillation but this is different. It starts in bypass mode which I dont think anybody would want. Also the feedback does not need to be 100% to get it started.

IDeangelis

Very high feedback settings (75%) can create oscillation. You don't need 100%

Also, the beating may start in bypass mode, depending on audio buffer being filled with signal at any time. Just be cautios.

best

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.