Space Clipping

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space Clipping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      kyleanspach

My Space pedal is the last one in my signal chain on my board. My chain is this: Clean boost-compressor- 3 stages of overdrive – volume pedal – Pitchfactor – analog delay – timefactor – space – amp. My board is powered by a voodoo labs mondo. All my cabling is high quality and in new condition. The 3 Eventide are the only ones that are buffered and not true bypass. My volume pedal is passive. My overdrive volume knobs are moved off unity only enough to keep the signal the same when on or off. I’m not boosting anything anywhere, but my Space pedal is clipping the input when I use certain delays on the timefactor. I’m not sure how to eliminate it. The other 2 eventide pedals don’t indicate any clipping. I can hear it when it happens. It’s sort of like the difference between a line6 combo amp and my Morgan AC20. I noticed this grit in my sound that reminded me of fake, digital distortion, like the line6. I finally realized the correlation between that extra “grit” and when the peak light lit on the space. Any suggestions?

spaceJam

Make sure the input level switch in the back panel is set to “guitar”.

kyleanspach

Yeah, I should’ve included that in my board info. All the level switches on the back of the digital petals are set properly as well.

gkellum
      Participant
      kyleanspach wrote:

my Space pedal is clipping the input when I use certain delays on the timefactor. I'm not sure how to eliminate it. 

Well, I suppose one option would be to turn down the preset output gain in those TimeFactor delays which are causing clipping.

kyleanspach

[/quote]

Well, I suppose one option would be to turn down the preset output gain in those TimeFactor delays which are causing clipping.

[/quote]

I’m afraid I’m not sure what you mean by that. Or rather I’m not sure how to do that.

gkellum
        Participant
        kyleanspach wrote:

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by that. Or rather I'm not sure how to do that.

Well, confusingly enough, the latest TimeFactor manual isn't posted in the TimeFactor's downloads section, but you can get it here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.eventide.downloads/Product+Manuals/TimeFactor_UG_141131.pdf

On pg 16 it explains how to change the preset output gain on the TimeFactor itself;  you can also do this in H9 Control if you hook your TimeFactor up to H9 Control.

kyleanspach

Awesome. Thanks so much! I will try this.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.