Space Freeze function in VSig

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development Space Freeze function in VSig

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      marvingain
      Participant

Hi everyone!

First post on the forum, and have a hardcore patch design question already 🙂

I recently sold my Eventide Space, and I’m really missing the Infinity and Freeze features on the different presets on the Space.

I have an Orville as well which i very much prefer the sound of, but i can’t seem to find a Freeze function anywhere except for a repeating delay in the “freeze 2 beats” preset.

This makes me believe it is possible to recreate the reverb freeze function on the Orville using VSIG… But how?
      Any help here is really welcome! 🙂

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You would need to set the reverb decay parameter to its maximum and kill the input. This means that whatever is in the reverb stays there. A bit like Vegas.

The skill is to do this without putting clicks into the reverb which will then hang around for a long time. I'll leave this bit to you.

marvingain
      Participant

Hi and thanks for the quick response! 

So that’s all it is to the Space freeze function? Setting a reverb decay time to 1000 sec should be close enough then? Or is there a way to set it to true infinite? Clickless kill should be able to be achieved via the iswitch module? 

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        marvingain wrote:

So that's all it is to the Space freeze function? Setting a reverb decay time to 1000 sec should be close enough then? Or is there a way to set it to true infinite? Clickless kill should be able to be achieved via the iswitch module? 

1000 seconds should be enough … don't forget to cut the input as well.

ISWITCH sounds relevant, but that bit is for you to work out.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.