Tagged: , ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      baloo
      Participant

Hi all,

New eventide space player here..

So I just joined the Dropbox group that has a bunch of presets — I have not been able to go through all of them, but I figure I’d post here to help get some direction on making my own presets.  Programming a nice shimmer is my first goal I set for myself.  Right now I am as new as its gets when it comes to programming reverb, so if anybody has any reading materials or can help point me in the right direction that would be great.  Some of the shimmers that I really like are Polara’s lexicon shimmer as well as this Brian Eno’s Prophecy Theme from Dune.  I imagine the programmers at eventide made the space capable of getting these sounds, it just may be a challange for a rookie.  Any thoughts?

baloo
      Participant

jgoldbach
      Participant

There is an algorithm on the Space called "Shimmer." Try it with a nice synth pad and/or strings. Eno's sound is a bit more complex, but it seems like he's also got more than one voice going at a time.

baloo
      Participant

To clairify I meant that I would like some help on making the default preset of Shimmer to sound better. It is rather complicated to tweak, so besides using the manual for help I came here to see if anybody else had any thoughts.

khuko

Here’s one. It doesn’t sound the same in the youtube clip but you can tweak this to get close.

baloo
        Participant
        khuko wrote:

Here’s one. It doesn’t sound the same in the youtube clip but you can tweak this to get close.

Khuko,

Thanks!  I am not infront of the Space right now, but when I get home I will try this out.  It looks like I didn’t go too crazy on the low-decay and the size as well as the a-pitch.  Is the expression pedal controlling a parameter? 

khuko

No, it doesn’t. On this preset, I believe my EXP pedal is used to control the input volume (volume swells)

khuko

Pitch A is just set to do +2 octaves up. B is +1 octave.

For reference

500c = P4th

700c = P5th

1200c = 1 Octave

1900c = 1 Octave + P5

2400c = 2 Octaves

wedelich
      Eventide Staff
      baloo wrote:

Hi all,

New eventide space player here..

So I just joined the Dropbox group that has a bunch of presets — I have not been able to go through all of them, but I figure I'd post here to help get some direction on making my own presets.  Programming a nice shimmer is my first goal I set for myself.  Right now I am as new as its gets when it comes to programming reverb, so if anybody has any reading materials or can help point me in the right direction that would be great.  Some of the shimmers that I really like are Polara's lexicon shimmer as well as this Brian Eno's Prophecy Theme from Dune.  I imagine the programmers at eventide made the space capable of getting these sounds, it just may be a challange for a rookie.  Any thoughts?

I find that turning the Mid Decay down, or all the way down, and turning the delay up approaches some of these smoother Eno sounds.  The mids add an organ like character that creates a dense shimmer, but it's not quite a smooth.  Adding some time (i.e. delay) between the reverb tails and the pitchshifters also give the Shimmer some room to breathe a bit.  You can also turn the Pitch Decay up to make draw out the shimmer rise and fall.   

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.