Stereo Delay Recommendation for H90

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Stereo Delay Recommendation for H90

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Fox Uncle
      Participant

Hello Eventide Community, I would like to narrow down H90 delay programs or algorithms that will allow me to precisely delay the signal being output to the left and right channel. That is to say, I would like to nudge the left channel just enough so that the delay gives me a wide sounding spread between two amplifiers. Any recommendations or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Digital Delay would work for this, just make sure the A/B mix is set in the middle so Delay A goes to Left channel and Delay B goes to Right channel. Also, make sure you do not have Tempo Sync activated, so you can achieve milliseconds of delay. Mod Delay is another algorithm that would work keeping the same principles in mind. But the best algorithm we make for width generation is the iconic MicroPitch algorithm. Not only can you adjust a stereo delay but you can also adjust pitch in cent increments. Together, pitch and delay variations will give you the widest image possible. Similarly, the H910/H949 algorithm is also capable of this.

Fox Uncle
      Participant

This reply was much appreciated and part of why Eventide has such a great community behind its designs. What would be the reverb equivalent of this delay algorithm/program, allowing for similar width generation and control between two amps?

apalazzolo
      Participant

Crystals (with the delay off)?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

DualVerb combines two different high quality studio reverbs (A and B) with independent controls for decay, size, pre-delay, and EQ. Mix between both for rich, dense stereo reverberation, or use this effect to smoothly transition between two entirely different reverb sounds. It has a Reverb A/Reverb B Mix – [VRBMIX] : mixer for A and B reverbs, in stereo this mixes stereo channels, set at extreme results in dual mono reverbs (A on left, B on right).

But reverb is less directional than delay so width generation is achieved mainly with modulation. My favorite reverb for this is ModEchoVerb, though you don’t get individual channel control like you would with DualVerb. But it’s still sounds massive in stereo.

Fox Uncle
      Participant

Thanks so much, everyone!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.