Timefactor Editor?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor Editor?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      bobe

I've been looking around and can not locate an editor. You know, for making patches on PC.

Am I missing it, or is Timefactor missing it?

Bob E.

IDeangelis

There is no editor for the TimeFactor, Bob.

all the best

teddybutter
      Participant

I made an editor for the Time Factor using Logic Pro 8…. I know that doesn't help you on a PC, but if you want it, I'll email it to you.

Teddy

bobe

Thanks for the offer.  I defer to your expertise regarding its' usefulness to me in Windows.

I am a man without a modality.  I've been using stomp box effects to avoid using a PC for music making.  Yet, I have an Axon 100 MKII & Brian Moore 13 pin guitar and a Yamaha Motif ES 8 for guitar synth and layering.  I've generally failed at using PC editors for them.   I have a Sound Sculpture Switchblade GL I'm trying to set up to create all kinds of signal routing options.  Always having trouble downloading and using OS updates & editors for my digital equipment. Seem to encounter a never-ending series of interface or comprehension deficits when I attach a computer to any musical equipment.  Therefore, everyything I have is programmed through the front panel, or not at all. 

And yet, despite being thwarted at every attempt, I still  want to use editors and download OS upgrades. 

So why would I want an editor for the TF?  Am I asking for another rejection?  Another verification of my electronic incompetance?

No, —wait….. I hear a faint but growing mystical sound (in my head).  Do you hear it too?   Like angel pads on high–like the melodious mellotronic voices of serene super-beings providing the soundscape to the perfect dawning day.  A heavenly harmonization of halo pads, gregorian chants, and cathedrial pipes of the cosmos announcing the NEW DAY.  The day Eventide takes pity on the inept, the tech-no's, the hopeless home users of the equipment of the Gods and bestows upon them an editor even the lowest digital dreamer can use. 

I believe, yes– I do believe, that I can learn to interface with a PC in a musically meaningful way.  Maybe not today, but I believe Eventide can do what Yamaha, Roland, Digitech, Axon, Terratec, Korg, and other lesser Gods have not yet done.  Make me a man with a modality, an interface and editor that even I can not screw up. 

Please, big E.   I need a little uplifting.  Just help me to see that I can do one thing right, and maybe I'll be able to go back and make all those old connections work.  Until then, I'm here in pergatory.  Owning and using some of the finest equipment available, yet only scratching the surface of the potential of each. 

The only limitation is me.  Please, help me be more.

MIDI Me    (aka Bob E.)

JNPMusic

Hello Teddy!
      I have logic 8 and would like to try your editor! How's it work?

Thanks!
      John

jcshirke
      Participant

Logic 8/Mac user here too. Would love to check out the TF editor. 🙂

Jeff

teddybutter
      Participant

copy and paste this into you browser and you too can have the time factor editor in logic…

(no tech support provided, use at your own risk, only use if you know how to import a new layer in logic)

http://tinyurl.com/3x372c

enjoy

Teddy

teddybutter
      Participant

it's extremely basic, works through midi. you must have your time factor hooked up with usb and it has to show up in Audio Midi setup. then it's a matter of assigning the time factor instrument object in my layer to your time factor. You can also cable your incoming time factor midi to the time factor editor so when you move the physical knobs on the time factor my editor's knobs move too…

maybe I'll write some instructions when I have time if enough people use it. I'm not a programmer, but, I fool with this kind of stuff rarely and it's fun. a few years back I made a program with MAX to convert any incoming midi signal to run pro tools… that was fun, but I never put it out into the universe.

enjoy and let me know how it works for you.

Teddy

teddybutter
      Participant

woof

JNPMusic

Thanks!
      I will try it this week!
      John.

Thomas Mannes
      Participant

Hi,

this url doesn´t work for me.

Could someone post this lso file for me?

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Thomas.

markburgess
      Participant

Can't find the editor in any of those folders. Isw it still available?

MarkB

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.