Timefactor- no sound/signal even through bypass

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor- no sound/signal even through bypass

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Snow

Just bought the pedal used and cannot seem to get a signal. It was working fine a week ago.

May have accidently hit a knob somewhere, but seem to track it down.

Hours of researching later and no luck.

I performed a original factory presets and default settings reset. Now at v3.5. Serial # looks good.

Checked the level/line switches. Line signal indicator shows no signal.

Shouldnt the reset clear any hidden signal routing issues?

I double checked that I am running: Mono In 1 —> Mono Out 1. I have tried both vocal mic and micro Korg as the Input (both were working). Both work without TF.

Triple checked cable routing and made sure everything works when TF is out of the chain. No signal.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If it is running V3.5 it will be an old unit, and may have had a hard life.

First thing is to fully re-initialize the unit as described in the UM.

Snow

To restore Factory Presets and all System settings, power up TimeFactor while simultaneously pressing the Middle Footswitch and the Encoder until [INITIALIZING] is displayed.

I forgot to mention that I had done this already.

It seems to crazy to believe that within one week of buying used it would crap out. Bad solder patch job?

I can get my money back, thats not the problem, I just really liked the sounds this beast puts out.

Thanks

Snow

Any other ideas?

Thank you

gkellum
        Participant
        Snow wrote:

Any other ideas?

When you toggle between active and bypass, the LED is lighting up when it's active, right?

Snow

The LED right above the Active/Bypass foot switch is working. Its On when Active, and Off when Bypass.

Thanks for the help man, it’s appreciated.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

After initialization, the unit will default to relay bypass. There is not much to go wrong with this – if you can hear the relays click, it is probably working.

If you hear the click, it is most likely that you have some kind of external cabling problem.

jamesy

I know this post is from a couple years ago, but has anyone found a solution? I am having the exact same problem. Tried different cables, restored factory settings, and still nothing. Is the pedal probably toast or could it be some underlying issue? if theres no sound in bypass I assume theres something wrong with the pedal. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      jamesy wrote:

I know this post is from a couple years ago, but has anyone found a solution? I am having the exact same problem. Tried different cables, restored factory settings, and still nothing. Is the pedal probably toast or could it be some underlying issue? if theres no sound in bypass I assume theres something wrong with the pedal. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

What if you set the Bypass Mode to Relay?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.