Timefactor PC works but not CC

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor PC works but not CC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      aggiemike08

I'm using a fractal audio MFC-101 to control the timefactor. 

I am able to get the PC commands to work but I cannot get any CC commands to work.  I'm trying to control the effect bypass/active.

i have RCV Channel set to 1 and RCV CTL for the bypass set to CC0.

on the MFC-101 I am sending a CC 0 on channel 1 but the timefactor does not bypass or activate.  Like I said when i send a PC command on channel 1 it works.  Any ideas?

aggiemike08

Also, I'm doing the same thing/strategy with the space pedal which is working but not on the timefactor 

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      on the MFC-101 I am sending a CC 0 on channel 1 but the timefactor does not bypass or activate.  Like I said when i send a PC command on channel 1 it works.  Any ideas?

It appears that you already have MIDI -> OUTPUT set to THRU (program changes are received).

I'm thinking that the problem lies with the value of the CC0 message that you're sending.  A continuous controller message has two parts:  CC number, and the value 0-127.  In a "switching" type of situation, any value from 0-63 is OFF; 64-127 is ON.

As an example, I have my FCB 1010 send a CC number with a value of 127 for Bypass, and the next press of the footswitch sends the same CC number, but with a value of 0 (for Active).

aggiemike08

I did not know that… I was trying to use 0 and 1.  The MFC had 0 and 127 as default.  Must have been why. Let me try that out

aggiemike08

Is the bypass state saved with the preset?  I'm trying to get the instant axess switch to load a certain delay preset and activate it when I select the switch but then bypass when I bypass the instant axess switch.  It seems the saved state is over rising the CC commands

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

When  you load a preset with a PC, the bypass state is that when it was saved.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.