Timefactor: Problem w/ the new Spillover

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor: Problem w/ the new Spillover

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      wes
      Participant

Hey all. I just installed the V2 Beta software for TF, mainly because I was really in need of the spillover when changing directly between patches.

I turned it on and found out that it doesn't work right (at least for me). It doesn't actually spill over, it just changes effects more slowly, and I can hear the time control "swerve" into the new position. Y'know, that pitchy screech sound, like when you squeeze a cat.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Crysstalized
      Participant

I had that problem also. I was hoping the delays would trail off with the new delay patch overlapping on top. Here is what I wrote to them

Delay Spillover
      (problem) I am referring to the spillover between presets and not the bypass spillover (which is great!). What I hear is that when I change patches, the spillover also changes to the new patch, which creates some unpleasant sounds when changing to certain patches (like your preset 4:1 with high feedback). If there is a way to do it like other processors where the old patch spillover remains the same and simply fades away, and any newly inputted notes come through the new patch. Such a design would increase its usefulness, as well as doing away with ackward changes in sound. Currently I cannot use this feature.
      (related problem) I understand that with certain delay types that the tap tempo delay change will cause the unit to pitch shift (tape mode and vintage?), which to me is fine within the patch, but the problem I am having is when switching patches, it makes some really bad sounds depending on the settings (a long delay to a short delay patch and vice versa).

wes
      Participant

I guess yo haven't heard back from them yet, huh? Well, if you do, PLEASE let me know what they come up with.

Thanks a Lot for the reply! 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.