Timefactor Spillover between presets

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor Spillover between presets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      acsewalk

Did this ever get fixed?  I am running the most recent firmware, and still when I switch from preset 1:1 directly to preset 1:2, it doesn't really spillover.  Right now, I can't switch from a nice ambient delay sound to a shorter lead/slap delay sound without it practically cutting out.  Really frustrated since after some research, this has been brought up for at least 5 years now.

Is it even possible to fix?  Does Eventide care that the pedal is unusable for a lot of us who play live?  Should I move on to a (unfortunately much more expensive…) Timeline that Strymon actually took care of this problem quickly with an update?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – it is not a matter of fixing it – it just does not do it. Nor did it ever claim to.

To implement a proper spillover, you would have to double the amount of delay memory which would significantly increase the cost. This will be why the other product that you mention is "unfortunately more expensive."

acsewalk

Then what is DSP + FX mode supposed to provide?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

DSP+FX is a bypass mode that combines the output from the current effect with the dry input signal, without feeding the input to the effect,

This allows you to go to bypass without losing the effect "tail."

It is not the same as "spillover", which fades the previous effect out while feeding the next effect in.

The Space pedal does have a true spillover, but this is only possible because its effects use much less memory, so two effects can be combines for the short changeover period.

acsewalk

I'm just confused about it I guess.  The Timefactor software page says this:

SpillOver provides smooth transitions when changing Presets by fading the lingering echoes of one Preset into the echoes of the next Preset. SpillOver [SPILL] can be turned ON or OFF from the Utility section of the System menu (Default is OFF.)

Unless that "fade" is happening in less than a second, mine doesn't "fade" anything together between presets. 

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi acsewalk,

As Nick mentions, spillover in TimeFactor doesn't fade one sound into another, what it does is leave the sound in the delay line and switch the delay to a new type.  In the instance of preset 1:1 to 1:2, preset 1:2 is a very short delay so even with spill over on, you hear that delay vacate really quickly.  A better way to hear what it's doing might be going from preset 3:1 to 3:2.  When you switch you'll hear the audio stay in the delay line, but get reversed.

Dan

Bodde
      Participant

DGillespie:

As Nick mentions, spillover in TimeFactor doesn't fade one sound into another, what it does is leave the sound in the delay line and switch the delay to a new type.

Is this also possible in the H9? I could use this 'spillover' creatively to get a delay sound inside the looper for example.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Unfortunately, Bodde, the structure of the H9 just prevents this.  We looked into how to make this work from the initial design stages, but in order to get the diversity of sounds that are possible in the H9, we realized we just won't be able to make that happen.

Sorry,

Dan

Bodde
      Participant

ok, no problem, You can't have it all. Lots of other things to use on the H9 and I can do this with my Axe fx also.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.