TriceraChorus Installation Instructions

Home Forums Beta Boards H9 Beta Testers Algorithm Beta Testers Tricerachorus Beta Forum TriceraChorus Installation Instructions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      h9controller
      Eventide Staff
      To get TriceraChorus running, you'll first need to install H9 Control version 3.6.3, followed by updating your H9 firmware to 5.8.4[0].  MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP/EXPORT YOUR PRESETS/PRESET LISTS BEFORE INSTALLATION.

H9 CONTROL 3.6.3 INSTALLERS DOWNLOADS FOR DESKTOP:

Show More...

Windows installer: https://share.eventide.com/wl/?id=Oc39KbHOBD4xB8qSnf5ThvEpUevb9cko

Mac installer: https://share.eventide.com/wl/?id=134e6Sb8csha82FT6naMKyae4Mdp8AdA

H9 CONTROL iOS INSTALLATION:

For use on iOS, you'll need to use Apple's TestFlight program/application.  Apple will send you an email with a link to TestFlight once H9 Control is approved for testing (Hopefully in the next few days). Follow the instructions to install the TestFlight app onto your iOS device from the App Store and install H9 Control throught TestFlight.

H9 CONTROL ANDROID INSTALLATION:

Please provide us with your Google account email address. You should get an automatic update for H9 Control in Google Play. If you don’t, uninstall and reinstall H9 Control. 

Once H9 Control version 3.6.3 is installed, you'll need to update your H9's firmware to 5.8.4[0] to use TriceraChorus:

H9 FIRMWARE UPDATE:

1. Ensure your H9 is connected to H9 Control via Blue Tooth or USB.
      2. Go to Pedal Settings -> Update Stompbox's software in H9 Control.
      3. Choose firmware version 5.8.4[0] Beta.
      4. Click "Install software".

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you don't see version 5.8.4[0] Beta on the install list, you're not marked as a Beta Tester in our database.  Please send me the email address you used to register your H9 and we'll add you to the list.

Thanks for checking out.

Show Less...
      girlinagale
      Participant

Updated H9 Control to newest on Windows 10. Updated H9 pedal to 5.8.4 (0) through bluetooth completed fine but Control app hangs when I try to close it.

joeydego
      Participant

Installed on PC and updated the unit ok, but waiting on test flight email here as well. Typically work on iOS 

Ziyan
      Participant

Hi,

I’m able to update fine to both H9 Control 3.6.3 and H9 Firmware 5.8.4 Beta. However I am unable to load Tricerachorus to my H9. It shows in the list of available algorithms, and I am able to try it for 5 mins in the store. However the Buy button is greyed out. Can’t seem to find another way to load it. I also tried using a coupon to download Harmadillo and that loaded ok (and sounds killer). I’m running Mac OS 10.15.1 

Aalics
      Participant

Peace all…

After all updates, try power down and restart. Worked for me.

A

Dj Lacandon
      Participant

Can’t get the 3.6.3 update on andoird the new chorus shows on my Mac a

Desktrop app what’s the issue ?

girlinagale
      Participant

24hrs later and still not got Tricerachorus on my H9, although it’s showing in Control app as Listen, Try, Buy.

H9 at 5.8.4 (0)

Jazzdistortion
      Participant

Hi, I have not succeeded. I updated the h9 control on my mac, I updated the h9 with the latest version. In the h9 control I can see the tricerachorus algorithm, but it only lets me try it for 5 minutes

Dorxycycline
      Participant

Hi same here, updated the Control to 3.6.3 so as 5.8.4 on H9, can see tricera algo but cannot access it.

using Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.1

Tried also on Android 10 but i dont see update for the Control app.

camn
      Participant

I keep checking Google Play for an H9 Control update, but nada.
      I reinstalled randomly once… But still version 3.6.1.
      I already can get to the new Algo via controls on the H9… But I don’t understand the parameters 🙁

Do I need to dig out my old Ipad?

Ziyan
      Participant

Hi @Eventide Staff – my Android H9 is still not giving an option to update. Would it be possible to double check my email for the beta tester list for Google Play? Thanks! 

girlinagale
      Participant

Hi. Works fine on Windows and I’d like to try 3.6.3 on my Andoid tablet too, please send me the beta update to Google Play.
      clarissa.vincent@gmail.com

joeydego
      Participant

All working fine now most recent iOS on iPhone X. 

Jazzdistortion
      Participant

Hello. Works fine on my mac and I’d like to try 3.6.3 on my Andoid device too, please send me the beta update to Google Play.

smith.cure91@gmail.com

Dorxycycline
      Participant

please send the beta on android 

email : arivanprasetya@gmail.com

thx

tommykmusic
      Participant
      My email is tommykavounidis@gmail.com please add me to the android beta trying to get this to work. Also an invite code for the ios beta app would be great, managed to update the H( just not the app! 

colabelli

Hello everyone,

We have a new build ready for you to test! You should be able to see 5.8.4(1) in H9 Control. Here is the latest H9 Control update:

H9 CONTROL 3.6.4 INSTALLERS:

Mac: https://share.eventide.com/wl/?id=ZLDMWJTcsOBdH3mFcZoxYparU0FMir3Z

Windows: https://share.eventide.com/wl/?id=Uif8ZILyVPNFZltXuzuVXCsocJcnXdpW

iOS: Available now via TestFlight

Android: It's up (If you don’t see it, check in a couple of hours)

Here are some things to keep in mind for this build:

Show More...

CHANGE LIST:

• Fixed audio distortion issue at high frequency input levels.
      • Added a LO CUT filter to wet output, accessible from Hi CUT knob.
        • Relabeled HI CUT knob to TONE.
        • Changed TONE control range from 600 -> 15000Hz  to  -100 -> 100.

• Removed DOUBLE Mode form all voices.
        • Voice depths only utilized SINGLE Mode and go from 0 to 100.
        • Removed mode indicator.

• Removed three envelope destinations.
        • Kept ENV to ALL MIX and RATE Destinations.

• Added label for Vibrato indication at 100% Chorus Mix.
      • Updated H9 Control Factory Presets for current feature set compatibility.
      • Updated H9 Control INFO tab to reflect current feature set.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• preset switching glitch on the right channel as a known issue.

Please pay attention to the Envelope Knob. We reworked the tapers and removed three envelope destinations. We are trying to gauge the usability of this knob. Would you rather keep the Envelope Knob or remove it and add a Mode/Type knob that switches between Chorus Single, Chorus Double, Chorale Single and Chorale Double? In this case, the Mix knob would become a global mix knob.  (We removed Double Mode in this latest build). We are extremely interested to hear your feedback on this matter.

Remember, the Weekly Report is not due until next Friday, December 6th because of the Thanksgiving holiday this week. Please let me know if you have any questions and refer to the forum for any bug reports or general feedback. Thank you!

Show Less...
      h9controller
      Eventide Staff

Hey All,

We're seeing in the H9 Weekly Report #2 that many of you were having issues installing H9 Control on OS X El Capitan?  We created issue BUG-86 to track this.

The fix should be in the next build of H9 Control.

In the future, please let us know immediately of any kind of installation issues, either in this thread or the Bug Issues thread, so we can get you that fix to you ASAP.

Thanks!

colabelli

Hello everyone,

We have a new build ready for you to test! You should be able to see 5.8.4(2) in H9 Control. Here is the latest H9 Control update:

H9 Control 3.6.5

Mac: https://share.eventide.com/wl/?id=coCYkvkPhPO1VY7lmp2nkd6thGYIEib2

Win: https://share.eventide.com/wl/?id=6qtDbVVVkXf626roh4yuGanXbXMO153d

iOS: Available now via TestFlight

Android: It's up (If you don’t see it, check in a couple of hours)

Here are some things to keep in mind for this build:

Show More...

• Updated H9 Control Installers for OS X El Capitan Compatibility – BUG-86
      • Improved HotSwitch activation speed/responsiveness – BUG-82
      • Added 100ms extra delay for a total of 200ms.
      • Tweaked Envelope range and thresholds for better usability and expressiveness.
      • Added H9 Control workaround for Hotswitch Rounding error near off – BUG-81
      • Added Custom algorithm Icon to H9 Control.

BUG-81 WORKAROUND:

This proper resolution for this issue would require a deep tweak in the H9 and H9 Control communication exchange.  It's unlikely we would be able to fix it quickly and be able to make sure it didn't affect other systems. For now, we added a small workaround in H9 Control. 

When programming the HotSwitch for a value of -100 ENV MIX, type that exact value into Envelope knob entry field (click the display number above the knob) while the HotSwitch is in Program Mode (while the HotSwtich is blinking).  This will ensure the programming stays at -100 instead of OFF.  

If you're somewhere in the ENV RATE range of the knob when the HotSwitch is INACTIVE and want to program HotSwitch ACTIVE for -100 in the ENV MIX, in Program Mode, first move the knob somewhere into the ENV MIX range, then type the value -100 into the entry field.

Please keep in mind that this will be the final "Weekly Report" that you are responsible for submitting. It will be due on Friday, December 20th by 3:00pm Eastern Standard Time. Here is the link for the 'Final Weekly Report' Submissions: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=zX9prlPm2kG9la1qZhbLv1gIZByK4UlDk97CgUivNvVUNzQxR003TlhFQVM2Sk5FMzk0OThBWjRYSS4u.

Please let me know if you have any questions and refer to the forum for any bug reports or general feedback. Also, keep in mind that Beta User Presets are due by this Tuesday, December 17th no later than 6:00pm Eastern Standard Time. There is a separate forum post for Preset Submissions with full instructions on what is required for a User Preset to be accepted. Thank you! 

Show Less...
      bohan
      Eventide Staff
      joeydego wrote:

Installed on PC and updated the unit ok, but waiting on test flight email here as well. Typically work on iOS 

I've sent you an invite to the beta on test flight

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Ziyan wrote:

I'm able to update fine to both H9 Control 3.6.3 and H9 Firmware 5.8.4 Beta. However I am unable to load Tricerachorus to my H9. It shows in the list of available algorithms, and I am able to try it for 5 mins in the store. However the Buy button is greyed out. Can't seem to find another way to load it. I also tried using a coupon to download Harmadillo and that loaded ok (and sounds killer). I'm running Mac OS 10.15.1 

Now if you go to Settings -> Sync algorithm with Eventide's server, you should be able to load the new algorithm

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Dj Lacandon wrote:

Can't get the 3.6.3 update on andoird the new chorus shows on my Mac a Desktrop app what's the issue?

I've added you to the beta list on Google Play Store. It may take a couple of hours to take effect. You should be able to see it soon.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      girlinagale wrote:

24hrs later and still not got Tricerachorus on my H9, although it's showing in Control app as Listen, Try, Buy. H9 at 5.8.4 (0)

Now if you go to Settings -> Sync algorithm with Eventide's server, you should be able to load the new algorithm

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Jazzdistortion wrote:
      Hi, I have not succeeded. I updated the h9 control on my mac, I updated the h9 with the latest version. In the h9 control I can see the tricerachorus algorithm, but it only lets me try it for 5 minutes

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Dorxycycline wrote:

Hi same here, updated the Control to 3.6.3 so as 5.8.4 on H9, can see tricera algo but cannot access it. Using Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.1. Tried also on Android 10 but i dont see update for the Control app.

Now if you go to Settings -> Sync algorithm with Eventide's server, you should be able to load the new algorithm. Also added you to the beta tester list on Google Play Store.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      camn wrote:
      I keep checking Google Play for an H9 Control update, but nada. I reinstalled randomly once… But still version 3.6.1. I already can get to the new Algo via controls on the H9… But I don't understand the parameters 🙁 Do I need to dig out my old Ipad?

HI camn, I just added you to the Beta list on Google Play Store. You should be able to see it in a few hours.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Ziyan wrote:

Hi @Eventide Staff – my Android H9 is still not giving an option to update. Would it be possible to double check my email for the beta tester list for Google Play? Thanks! 

Well, you said you were using the MacOS and didn't tell us to add you to the Android beta list. I just added you there. You should be able to see it soon.

camn
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

HI camn, I just added you to the Beta list on Google Play Store. You should be able to see it in a few hours.

OK I will keep checking!

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      girlinagale wrote:
      Hi. Works fine on Windows and I'd like to try 3.6.3 on my Andoid tablet too, please send me the beta update to Google Play. clarissa.vincent@gmail.com

You are in the list now.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Dorxycycline wrote:

You are on the beta list on Google Play Store

Dorxycycline
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

Dorxycycline wrote:

You are on the beta list on Google Play Store

Show More...

i have not received 3.6.3 update 

tried uninstall/reinstall many times

Show Less...
      bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Dorxycycline wrote:

It may take a number of hours for that to be effective. What do you see in this page? https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.eventide.h9

Dorxycycline
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

Dorxycycline wrote:

It may take a number of hours for that to be effective. What do you see in this page? https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.eventide.h9

Show More...

beta update now appears, thx

Show Less...
      h9controller
      Eventide Staff
      tommykmusic wrote:

please add me to the android beta trying to get this to work. Also an invite code for the ios beta app would be great, managed to update the H( just not the app! 

You should be setup with Android now…

pmcculloch
      Eventide Staff

A few notes on the envelope follower:
      As a heads-up, positive values on the envelope knob modulate from the minimum value up to the value of the knob. This is different than the way the worked from Harmadillo; here it prevents overshoot so, for example, you don’t turn your desired 65% chorus mix into vibrato on loud notes. The documentation provides a bit more on this, and we’ll probably add some more examples. The key thing to remember is that the maximum possible value is what the knob is set to.

In addition to the more obvious applications of ENV MIX, try small negative values to increase the clarity of your attacks, especially with higher mix levels.

ENV RATE is especially effective with vibrato, and you can use negative values to add a swelling vibrato or Leslie effect.

We’ve tuned the envelope range for guitars. Please let us know if you can’t achieve useful results, especially on other instruments or in particular ranges of the instrument.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.