TriceraChorus Issues/Bug Reporting Thread

Home Forums Beta Boards H9 Beta Testers Algorithm Beta Testers Tricerachorus Beta Forum TriceraChorus Issues/Bug Reporting Thread

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      h9controller
      Eventide Staff

Hey all,

Please use this thread to enter any Issues/Bugs you find along the way in your testing.  Include a detailed description of the issue as well as steps to reproduce.

We'll add resolutions in this thread as they become available.

adrian02885
      Participant
      h9controller wrote:

Hey all,

Please use this thread to enter any Issues/Bugs your find in this along the way in your testing.  Include a detailed description of the issue as well as steps to reproduce.

Currently selecting an trichorus algorithm disconnects the pedal from the app – and has now begun defaulting to the previous working program.

colabelli

Hey Adrian, Can you confirm that you've installed and are using Version 3.6.3 of H9 Control and 5.8.4(0) Beta stompbox software? I've tested what you are describing and I can't reproduce it. Can you take a video? 

camn
      Participant

Ok. Up and running.

I dont know if this is a bug per se.. but I can only hear the envelope let go DEEP into my note decay. It is impossible for me to play quiet enough to make this dynamic. I feel like I need to adjust the threshold.

Am I the crazy one? It is kind of cool to get some changing modulation on my tails.. but it is very, very tender. I’d rather it was like.. strumming effected, notes uneffected.

But if that is by design it is not a bug

This is on POST setting in my effects loop.

camn
      Participant

Yeah negative. This one:

adrian02885
      Participant
      h9controller wrote:

Hey all,

Please use this thread to enter any Issues/Bugs your find in this along the way in your testing.  Include a detailed description of the issue as well as steps to reproduce.

Christian – here is the requested screenshot – h9 control appears to no longer be disconnecting itself from the pedal.
      I scrolled through presets fairly quickly which was previously creating the issue and now seems functional.

adrian02885
      Participant
      h9controller wrote:

Hey all,

My controller app has now started disconnecting the Bluetooth connection- I’m about 20 minutes into this evenings session.
      I wish we could do all reporting through this thread.

adrian02885
      Participant

Reconnected and had no other issues throughout my session-

adrian02885
      Participant
      h9controller wrote:

Hey all,

Please use this thread to enter any Issues/Bugs you find along the way in your testing.  Include a detailed description of the issue as well as steps to reproduce.

Detune is difficult to fine tune – as an adult I would be ok with it – a kid or person with disabilities may find the fine tuning frustrating. I will be able to run my DeepMind12 synth through the system over the weekend.

adrian02885
      Participant
      h9controller wrote:

Hey all,

The graph view of harmadillo really makes that algorithm- something similar would be really cool.

camn
      Participant

So.. THE ENVELOPE

Version two is 1000x more dynamic and usable.

I kind of miss being able to envelope whatever I wanted though? Like.. detune only? Rate OR mix?

Maybe it was too complicated.

Thoughts, people? I feel like the envelpe is what can ~REALLY~ make this algo dynamic and the bomb.

Also- I wish we had a dedicated ENVELOPE thread.. but I still cant start threads 🙁

Show More...
      Show Less...
      adrian02885
      Participant
      h9controller wrote:

Hey all,

Update installed – appears functional will have to play a bit – preset I made is still there!

camn
      Participant

BUGS?

1- If I assign a parameter to the XYZ…. then I use the HotKnob to change it.. the changes are not reflected in real time to the H9 control. Vice Versa works.. if I dial a parameter in H9 Control while the H9 has that parameter selected… it is reflected on the H9

2- If I assign a change to the HOTSWITCH.. and then I click my AUX switch that fires HOTSWITCH.. it does nothing. If I use the Software Hotswitch it works.

(both confirmed working in other algos)

versions 5.8.4(1) and 3.6.4

camn
      Participant

wait- I take back #1. Once I reloaded the preset it started working.

But the hotswitch still no.

camn
      Participant

another Hoswitch bug…I assign the hotswitch to toggle the Envelope to -100…. it works fine (using the soft Hotswitch) for a little while. After a bit, or if I save the preset,  when I hit the hotswitch it assigns the envelope to OFF instead of -100. One value apart.. but worlds apart. This is not consistent.. but has happened on a couple presets.

check it out Im not crazy:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BrA6gd6Jn96F52GW6

adrian02885
      Participant

This new version is cool – I still find algorithms that have a display like the new harmadillo to be more fun –

adrian02885
      Participant

Yea -/turning the envelope knob to a “dip switch” would make the overall feel of the program different – its very generic as it sits the layout – the grey – some kind of change to make it seem more unique. Doing a small change like this would really change the aesthetics in a major way – all the grayness is very bland as far as FUN goes!

adrian02885
      Participant

Program still has communication errors – having to reconnect Bluetooth connection – this is happening a lot less frequently than during beginning of beta test – but still continues to happen occasionally.

adrian02885
      Participant

3.6.5 installed and functional- I like the dinosaur graphic! – very early Nintendo – awesome!

adrian02885
      Participant

Just noticed the “info” section has not been filled yet.

adrian02885
      Participant

Info section mysteriously filled itself in after a few clicks of the header

h9controller
      Eventide Staff
      camn wrote:

I dont know if this is a bug per se.. but I can only hear the envelope let go DEEP into my note decay. It is impossible for me to play quiet enough to make this dynamic. I feel like I need to adjust the threshold.

Am I the crazy one? It is kind of cool to get some changing modulation on my tails.. but it is very, very tender. I'd rather it was like.. strumming effected, notes uneffected.

This is on POST setting in my effects loop.

Thanks for the feedback and issues, camn.  Quick questions, what is your envelope destination and approx setting?  Sounds like you're using it in a negative range?  Feel free to take a screen shot if you want.

FYI, we're doing some fine tuning of the Envelope section for the next release but it would still be good to see how you're using it.

pmcculloch
      Eventide Staff
      camn wrote:

Yeah negative. This one:

At a setting of -100 (negative max), the envelope’s impact is going to take a long time to fade out. I’d recommend trying smaller values, and seeing if you encounter similar issues. (Well, smaller in terms of absolute value) With the envelope controls, the farther you get from zero, the more impact your envelope has.

As Christian mentioned, we are in the process of tuning the envelope follower, so the next update should hopefully improve performance in this area.
      We tune the ranges for the envelope controls using a variety of guitars, but if you can’t get good results and have especially hot or lower powered pickups, we’d definitely like to hear about it.

Similarly any feedback from bass players and/or synth users would be helpful.

colabelli
      adrian02885 wrote:
      h9controller wrote:

Hey all,

My controller app has now started disconnecting the Bluetooth connection- I’m about 20 minutes into this evenings session. I wish we could do all reporting through this thread.

Show More...

Hey Adrian, thanks for the update. I haven't come across any connectivity issues. I tried to reproduce what you are describing but I've had no success (thankfully). Can you let me know if this is still occurring in any of your sessions? Thanks!

Show Less...
      h9controller
      Eventide Staff
      adrian02885 wrote:

I wish we could do all reporting through this thread.

Hi adrian, we are trying to do all of the bug reporting in this thread.  If you're refering to the questionnaires and weekly reports, it could be possible to do these in other threads on the beta forum.

As well, feel free to start another beta thread topic if there's something you wanted to discuss.

camn
      Participant
      pmcculloch wrote:

At a setting of -100 (negative max), the envelope’s impact is going to take a long time to fade out. I’d recommend trying smaller values, and seeing if you encounter similar issues. (Well, smaller in terms of absolute value) With the envelope controls, the farther you get from zero, the more impact your envelope has. As Christian mentioned, we are in the process of tuning the envelope follower, so the next update should hopefully improve performance in this area. We tune the ranges for the envelope controls using a variety of guitars, but if you can’t get good results and have especially hot or lower powered pickups, we’d definitely like to hear about it. Similarly any feedback from bass players and/or synth users would be helpful.[/quote]

I’ll keep fooling with it. 

I use a standard stock Gibson LP, so it should be pretty generalizable.

h9controller
      Eventide Staff

In that case, I'd start at -50 and then adjust higher or lower as needed.

camn
      Participant
      h9controller wrote:

In that case, I’d start at -50 and then adjust higher or lower as needed.

Yeah.. its still lame. 

I tried to open a fresh thread.. but I couldn’t. (Error: Forums field is required.)

Anyway, check this-  I think really the ~threshold~ is a problem here.

Show More...

I have been using some extreme settings to get my head around it, and I have a recording that illustrates it pretty well.

This preset…. I would expect it to be an exreme chorus effect when the dynamics are LOW, and the envelope is not engaged.. and for that effect to be ‘lessened’ by 100.. (that is totally – gone), when dynamics are high.

What I achieve is this – I get -100 pretty much with any reasonable signal. If I turn my guitar down to 2 or so I can get under the threshold.. but that is not good signal management. 

Here is a video (it is unlisted!)  https://youtu.be/y8bsm_iNQEw

At first I set the envelope to OFF, so you can hear the un-enveloped effect. Then back to -100.

As you can hear, at full volume, it is practically clean signal (the envelope is engaged). When I dial back super far, I can hit the threshold  and hear the signal pop back and forth between effected and uneffected…

then I go back to full volume, and try to just play delicately enough to engage the effect (get under the threshold).. but it is pretty much impossible.

To me, this makes the envelop largely not useful. It jut changes the parameter all the time, with the exception of very subtle tails and super low volume signal.

Using a smaller envelope value doesnt change the threshold at all that I can tell.. just the amount of effect on the parameter!

And this is with all other pedals bypassed…just a Stock LP stright into the pedal. I know it’s a louder guitar.. but it is passive and pretty standard.

Show Less...
      pmcculloch
      Eventide Staff

Sorry for the frustration and thanks for letting us know.  Yes, there is a bug in the current implementation.  We're working on a fix and it'll be addressed in the next build.

h9controller
      Eventide Staff
      camn wrote:

I tried to open a fresh thread.. but I couldn't. (Error: Forums field is required.)

Hi camn,

We had a permissions issue where our Beta forums members couldn't create new topics.  We just fixed it on our end so feel free to post and create.

Sorry for the confusion.

pmcculloch
      Eventide Staff

A few things that may be helpful wrt to the detune knob:

On H9Control on desktop, you can hold the command key to fine tune.  Move to the value you want for the left detune (big increments), then hold down the command key to set the value of the right.  (range -4 to +3)

On the H9, move the encoder to set the left value, then click the encoder to enter fine-tune, and adjust the right.

On tablet and phone it's mostly a matter of going quicker to set the left, then moving more slowly to set the right.

adrian02885 wrote:
      h9controller wrote:

Show More...

Hey all,

Detune is difficult to fine tune – as an adult I would be ok with it – a kid or person with disabilities may find the fine tuning frustrating. I will be able to run my DeepMind12 synth through the system over the weekend.

Show Less...
      pmcculloch
      Eventide Staff

Glad to hear it's working better.  We opted to thin the herd of options in this version for simplicity's sake.  The main thing that changes on the envelope to mix control is that you can't have both mixes at non-zero values and only target one of them.  (I think that's what you're saying, just confirming.)

I'm not sure why the thread business isn't working, but I went ahead and created a thread for the envelope follower.

pmcculloch
      Eventide Staff

We think our admin was able to resolve the thread creation issue so you should now be able to create threads. That said, please let us know if that doesn’t take care of it.

h9controller
      Eventide Staff
      camn wrote:

2- If I assign a change to the HOTSWITCH.. and then I click my AUX switch that fires HOTSWITCH.. it does nothing. If I use the Software Hotswitch it works.

Hi camn,

Are you sure about this issue?  I wasn't able to reproduce it using the physical AUX switch if that's what you're talking about.

h9controller
      Eventide Staff
      camn wrote:

another Hoswitch bug…I assign the hotswitch to toggle the Envelope to -100…. it works fine (using the soft Hotswitch) for a little while. After a bit, or if I save the preset,  when I hit the hotswitch it assigns the envelope to OFF instead of -100. One value apart.. but worlds apart. This is not consistent.. but has happened on a couple presets.

I was able to reproduce this issue.  It's been logged as BUG-81.

We'll work on a fix. Thanks!

camn
      Participant
      h9controller wrote:

camn wrote:

Hi camn,

Show More...

Are you sure about this issue?  I wasn’t able to reproduce it using the physical AUX switch if that’s what you’re talking about.

Hey!

So I just fooled with it some more.. and I think it is a duration of press thing? 

with a LONG press (like on the rotary ALG there is a short and long?) I can get it to fire.. though sometimes it fires TWICE.. once with press and once with release.

It could be my setup.. but I have never had problems with that switch before, and I use it A LOT.

Here is an example.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9KxYiq5tPYZRnezi9

Show Less...
      h9controller
      Eventide Staff
      camn wrote:

with a LONG press (like on the rotary ALG there is a short and long?) I can get it to fire.. though sometimes it fires TWICE.. once with press and once with release.

Ok I see what you mean.  It is a little slow.  We might have a potential fix for it.  It's entered as BUG-82.

h9controller
      Eventide Staff
      adrian02885 wrote:
      Yea -/turning the envelope knob to a “dip switch” would make the overall feel of the program different – its very generic as it sits the layout – the grey – some kind of change to make it seem more unique. Doing a small change like this would really change the aesthetics in a major way – all the grayness is very bland as far as FUN goes!

Thanks for the feedback adrian02885.

We agree, it's a great idea to have a custom UI or custom elements for TriceraChorus.  Unfortunately, custom UIs and the like are very resource intensive to design and implement.  We just don't have the bandwidth to make it happen this time around.  Hopefully, the alg will be easy enough to understand as is.  And you never know, we might be able to get to one in the future…

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      adrian02885 wrote:
      Just noticed the “info” section has not been filled yet.

What device do you use for H9 Control and what's its OS version?

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.