Using Midi and Aux switch in conjunction

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Using Midi and Aux switch in conjunction

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      holhas556

So I have A TimeFactor with me and a PitchFactor on the way. I was wondering if it is possible to use an aux switch for both pedals. Does the signal from the aux switch go through midi? I am new to MIDI controls so I don’t know alot about it. When using MIDI, can you turn on a preset to one without turning a preset on to the other pedal?

holhas556

I would like to know, so that I can order a trs y split cable or not for the aux switch so that I can use both of the pedals without touching one. I also couldn’t find anything online about this after much research.

gkellum
      Participant
      holhas556 wrote:

So I have A TimeFactor with me and a PitchFactor on the way. I was wondering if it is possible to use an aux switch for both pedals. Does the signal from the aux switch go through midi?

Well, you have various options.  You can connect an aux switch to one pedal and configure that pedal to transmit MIDI program change messages to the other pedal.  So, you could in that way change the presets of both with an AUX switch.  You could also just use the footswitches on one pedal and configure that pedal to transmit MIDI program changes to the other pedal without an AUX switch.

holhas556 wrote:

When using MIDI, can you turn on a preset to one without turning a preset on to the other pedal?

Generally speaking, yes, but there are different ways to go about this.  If you want one pedal to send MIDI program change messages to a second pedal, the second pedal is always going to be receiving program change messages from the first pedal, and so, it's always going to be trying to change its presets when the first pedal changes its presets.  You can save some of the presets on the second pedal in bypass so that the second pedal turns itself off sometimes.  And you can also organize the second pedals presets list so that it has the same preset in multiple different preset positions.  So, even if the first pedal changes the second pedals preset, it still will have the same preset…  It depends on what the song list is you have, and what you want the pedals to do as you go from one song to the next.  

holhas556

Thanks for resonding so quickly!

No need to order a trs y split cable then. I will use the aux switch to go through banks and then use the buttons on the eventides to turn the presets on and off.

sscox83

I have 2 H9’s and I can’t figure out how to control the patches on both pedals at the same time via aux3 going into the first h9 and midi connecting the first h9 to the second h9…. please help

rortner
      Participant

I couldn’t find a way to start a new thread so I’m posting here because the subject was similar. I’ve been successfully using an H9 Max and the Digitech FS300 foot switch to control (A) bank down-Tip, (B) Learn Flex-Ring, (C) Tap-Tip-Ring. I purchased a H9 Core and am attempting to have the FS300 switch just the (B) Learn Flex-Ring, (C) Tap-Tip-Ring, I don’t the Presets effected. I’ve been at this on and off for two days and cannot get it to work, Ive had inconsistant response with tap tempo but nothing registers regarding the Learn-Flex function. I’ve tried just the FS300 switch and also the switch plus a midi cable. I’ve tried every combo I could find in these forum posts. Can someone give me a Clear explanation to solve this?     

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.