Will connecting to PC Desktop H9 Control App over Bluetooth Dongle Free up DIN-5 Midi control

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Will connecting to PC Desktop H9 Control App over Bluetooth Dongle Free up DIN-5 Midi control

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

So I am loving this unit, thanks Eventide!  I am another non-ios user however.  I am running into the issue of trying to map midi on the PC Control App, but since it is connected to the H9 over USB, the midi isn't being received over the DIN-5 from my pod hd500x which is just being used as a midi controller.  I am running POD hd500x midi commands into a Kemper, which passes midi thru to the H9 (running in the effects loop of the Kemper).

If i purchase a usb bluetooth dongle, and connect the PC app to the h9 over bluetooth, does that mean that the DIN-5 functionality for midi will be available without having to unpair the h9 from the pc?  My concern is that the bluetooth connection from PC to H9 is the same effect as a USB connection, which will screw up my ability to Map midi conveniently.

Thanks for anyone with ideas here!

gkellum
      Participant

If you connect to an H9 over Bluetooth you should be able to do what you want to do. The H9 will switch back and forth from processing incoming Bluetooth and MIDI messages.

There's an FAQ item about which Bluetooth dongles work with the H9:

https://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/StompBoxes/H9_FAQ1.aspx#H9c3a

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.