FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
9th November 2021
Eventide Ushers in a New Era of Equalization with SplitEQ™
Delivering a fundamentally new musical tool
Little Ferry NJ, November 9, 2021 — Eventide has released SplitEQ, an advanced equalization plug-in featuring our patented Structural Split technology. The culmination of a multi-year effort, SplitEQ works in a fundamentally different way from traditional EQs. It’s a new approach for corrective and creative rebalancing, enhancing, repairing, and widening any musical signal or other audio source. SplitEQ is a parametric EQ with eight bands of precise, musical filters. What’s new and different is Eventide’s powerful Structural Split engine which divides the incoming audio into separate Transient and Tonal streams that feed the eight bands. This approach makes common EQ problems easy to solve even in a complex mix and opens up exciting new musical possibilities.
“We’re incredibly proud of what our developers have accomplished. They’ve built on the Structural Split technology at the heart of our earlier plug-in, Physion, to do something truly groundbreaking: SplitEQ is a fundamentally new type of musical tool.” said Eventide’s founder, Richard Factor.
SplitEQ takes the sound of structure into account. It splits any sound into two streams, mimicking human perception of its tonal and transient elements. After that, you can cut or boost only that part of the sound on which you’re focused. SplitEQ is not just a corrective tool. It is also a new type of creative tool for adding dimension to mixes through its independent Left/Right and Mid/Side panning options.
As one of SplitEQ’s developers, Peter McCulloch, put it: “We can all hear the transient and tonal parts of a sound, shouldn’t our EQs?”
SplitEQ features an innovative real-time spectrum analyzer so one can see and hear the sound in new ways. Solo only the transients, a single band, or only the transients on a single band. Use this analyzer to track down problematic resonances or transients by displaying the tonal and transient streams separately, adding a new dimension to your troubleshooting toolkit.
Whether you’re working on individual tracks, a full mix, or cleaning up a two-trackloop, you’ll find SplitEQ to be an inspiring and powerful tool that allows you to approach material in a new, musically and sonically meaningful way.
- World-class 8-band parametric EQ with precise musical filters
- Equalizes Transient and Tonal parts of a sound separately using Eventide’s patented Structural Split™ technology
- Controls Transient and Tonal Output levels
- Enhances the stereo field with continuous Transient and Tonal panning controls (L/R and Mid/Sidemodes)
- Innovative real-time spectrum analyzer displays the Transient and Tonal streams independently
- Controls for the underlying Split technology for fine tuning and experimentation
- Globally scales the EQ curves together or independently
- Has Peak, Notch, Bandpass, High-Shelf, Low-Shelf, Tilt Shelf, High-Pass, and Low-Pass filter types with slopes from 6 to 96dB/octave
- Includes a comprehensive library with over 150 presets
- A/B buttons allow quick auditioning of two presets or settings plus Undo/Redo functionality
- Graphical user interface with zoom options and can be re-sized
SplitEQ is available for Mac and PC in VST, AAX and AU formats for an introductory price of $99 (reg.$179) from Eventide and authorized dealers worldwide. Visit eventideaudio.com/SplitEQ for more information and to request a free 30-day demo
Celebrating its 50th Anniversary, Eventide has remained at the forefront of recording technology since 1971. In 1975 it revolutionized the audio industry by creating the world’s first commercially available digital audio effects unit, the H910 Harmonizer®. Since then, its legendary studio processors, effects pedals and plug-ins have been heard on countless hit records. Eventide and Harmonizer are registered trademarks of Eventide Inc. © 2021 Eventide Inc.
To learn more, and to purchase SplitEQ for desktop, visit https://etide.io/SplitEQ or click below.