A Digital Delay Line with an Analog Soul
The DDL-500 features up to 10 seconds of pristine delay at a 192 kHz sample rate and a unique design that strictly limits the amount of digital circuitry to the bare minimum. Soft saturation clipping, low pass filter, feedback, insert loop, relay bypass, and +20 dB boost are all analog.
Delay time can be varied smoothly either manually or by connecting an LFO to the remote input allowing short delays to be used for comb filter and flanging effects. The DDL-500 is also capable of extremely long delays (up to 160 seconds at a 12 kHz sample rate) allowing long passages to be captured for looping.
From short delays for double tracking, to ridiculously long delays for experimentation, to creating swept delay and tape echo class effects, the DDL-500 brings it all in a single 500 series slot.
- Sample Rate: 192kHz to 12kHz
- Resolution: 24 bits
- Minimum Delay: 0.11 milliseconds
- Maxiumum Delay: 10 seconds @ 192kHz, 160 seconds @ 12kHz
- Input: Max 24dBu >18k ohms
- Output: Max 24dBu >50 ohms
- Insert Send: Max 10dBu >2k ohms
- Insert Return: Max 20dBu >50k ohms
- Power: +16V 200mA, -16V 100mA
Artists Using DDL-500
192kHz to 12kHz
10 seconds @ 192kHz
160 seconds @ 12kHz
Max 24dBu, >18k impedance
Max 24dBu, 50k impedance
Max 10dBu, 2k impedance
Max 20dBu, 50k impedance
+16V 200mA, -16V 100mA