I've used MidiOX to dump and upload. This method works for me:
– Connect TF to PC via USB (TF needs to be powered)
– Start up MidiOX
– Make sure the buffers are set to 8192 bytes by Options -> Configure Buffers (You might also need to change the input buffer to 8192)
– Also make sure Options -> Pass SysEx is ticked
– Now go View -> SysEx
– Go Sysex -> Receive Manual Dump
– On the TF, navigate to the patch you wish to dump
– Then enter system mode (find this in the manual)
– Go MIDI -> DUMP -> CURRENT
– On the TF it will say SEND… and then DUMP
– In MidiOX, It'll say x bytes received. Click done.
– You should have a load of hex code in the Dsiplay Window
– Now click Display WIndow -> Save As and save wherever you want. Make sure that the extension selected is .syx .cbk
– The patch is downloaded.
To upload to TF:
– Make sure TF is connected to PC, start up Midi Ox
– In MidiOX, go Actions-> Send -> SysExFile…Show More...
– Select the .syx file you want. It will have a little lightning bolt and music note as an icon
– The TF will dispaly LOAD OK
– Note that the patch is uploaded, but not saved. Thus save the patch as per normal.
Hope this helps
I'll try and do a video or slideshow type thing later, to make this a bit clearer.