Home › Forums › Products › Vsig and Preset Development › midisport (8×8) compatibility? › Reply To: midisport (8×8) compatibility?
Thank you kindly for the reply. When I first composed that message, no – nothing was showing as an available MIDI connection; "NO MIDI devices available" or something to that effect. Then, after I submitted the message, it did show up with just the first 2 (of 8) ports available. Then, all 8 ports and the SMPTE port showed… still later, nothing again save "MS GS Wavetable Synth". At the moment I am seeing 6/8 Inputs available and all 8 + SMPTE & the wavetable on the Output. So, long story short, it seems to behave erraticaly.
My Orville is connected to In/Out Ports #2. When I select the "Get DBase" option I can see a quick (single flash) activity light on the MIDI OUT Port #2, but that is it. No import has occured that I can locate. All "Gets" (dbase, user files, setup) have these same results. Do I need to configure the Orville itself for communications or is something else amiss?
Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Below I've attached my computer system configuration in case that is of relevance.
- OS = Windows XP Pro SP3
- 1 Asus ATI Radeon HD3850 1024MB 2DVI/HDCP PCI-Express Video Card
- 1 Zalman ZM600-HP 600W Dual-Core Quiet Power Supply
- 2 STT DDR2-800 2GB (2x1GB) CL4 Dual Channel Memory Kit
- 6 Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATA2 7200rpm 16MB Hard Drive
- 1 Asus P5WDG2-WS PRO Socket775/ Core 2 Duo/ 975X/ FSB1066/ CrossFire/ A&2GbE/ ATX Motherboard
- 1 Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 2.4GHz 1066MHz 8MB LGA775 EM64T CPU,
- 1 Zalman ZM-F3 12CM w/Silent Mode Case Fan
- 1 Asus DRW-2014L1T LightScribe 20X Double Layer SATA DVD+/-RW Drive (Black)
- 1 Antec P182 case
- 1 Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme cpu cooler