midisport (8×8) compatibility?

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development midisport (8×8) compatibility?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Paje

Greetings all,

Curious if VSig is presently compatible with the Midisport 8×8.  I just downloaded  Vsigfile V2.4.9.0 & it is not recognizing any midi device (the midisport is otherwise working fine with ProTools, etc. ,etc.,).

If not, is there any rememdy available or int he works?

Regards,

Paje

IDeangelis

Hi Paje

this may depend on computer configuration.

Does your MIDI interface show up in Vsigfile Preferences > Comms Setup > MIDI > input and output fields?

best

I

Paje

Yes I,

Thank you kindly for the reply.  When I first composed that message, no – nothing was showing as an available MIDI connection; "NO MIDI devices available" or something to that effect.  Then, after I submitted the message, it did show up with just the first 2 (of 8) ports available.  Then, all 8 ports and the SMPTE port showed… still later, nothing again save "MS GS Wavetable Synth".  At the moment I am seeing 6/8 Inputs available and all 8 + SMPTE & the wavetable on the Output.  So, long story short, it seems to behave erraticaly.

My Orville is connected to In/Out Ports #2.  When I select the "Get DBase" option I can see a quick (single flash) activity light  on the MIDI OUT Port #2, but that is it.  No import has occured that I can locate.  All "Gets" (dbase, user files, setup) have these same results. Do I need to configure the Orville itself for communications or is something else amiss?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Below I've attached my computer system configuration in case that is of relevance.

• OS = Windows XP Pro SP3
      • 1 Asus ATI Radeon HD3850 1024MB 2DVI/HDCP PCI-Express Video Card
      • 1 Zalman ZM600-HP 600W Dual-Core Quiet Power Supply
      • 2 STT DDR2-800 2GB (2x1GB) CL4 Dual Channel Memory Kit
      • 6 Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATA2 7200rpm 16MB Hard Drive
      • 1 Asus P5WDG2-WS PRO Socket775/ Core 2 Duo/ 975X/ FSB1066/ CrossFire/ A&2GbE/ ATX Motherboard
      • 1 Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 2.4GHz 1066MHz 8MB LGA775 EM64T CPU,
      • 1 Zalman ZM-F3 12CM w/Silent Mode Case Fan
      • 1 Asus DRW-2014L1T LightScribe 20X Double Layer SATA DVD+/-RW Drive (Black)
      • 1 Antec P182 case
      • 1 Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme cpu cooler
      IDeangelis

Hi Paje

when a MIDI interface shows up in the fields I mentioned, it should work. There is pretty much nothing else regarding configuration needed in Vsig. MIDI devices should be properly installed and configured on the computer (nice one, you have!).

Orville, as any other Vsig supported unit, simply needs to have MIDI: enabled, system exclusive : on and device ID: 1, under SETUP > MIDI tab. Both MIDI cables (IN/OUT) should be connected (handshaking).

best

I

J20056
      Participant

For what it's worth, I use a H7600 with a MidiSport 4×4 on a WinXP PC and I have no problems.

Paje

Thanks IDeangelis,

This is showing:

On The Orville MIDI Setup

MIDI: enabled

serial: enabled

program load: on

sequence out: off

system exclusive: on

device ID: 1

(2nd page of MIDI setup)

base channel: 1

omni mode: on

note mode: poly

pressure: channel

pitch bend: 0

sysex speed: 10

(3rd page – looks to be serial settings only)

So – it would seem I've everything set up correctly.  Again, I see a brief connectivity flash on the  MIDISport's MIDI OUT #2 when I do the get in vsig… yet I am unable to find any database downloaded anywhere.  Que fa?!

IDeangelis

Paje

settings are fine.

I have no other advice as we can't support computers devices. You should try a different interface or , better, a serial cable…it's faster than MIDI.

all the best

I

studionebula
      Participant

For what it's worth: I had a MIDISport 8×8 several years ago. It did not handle System Exclusive messages correctly. I encountered this problem while using it with SoundDiver, a PC program for editing patches in MIDI synthesizers. I had problems with several different synthesizers while using this program. Eventually I tried using a different MIDI interface and the problems went away. 

I am sure that Vsig uses System Exclusive messages to communicate with the Eventide hardware. As someone already suggested, your best bet may be to use a different MIDI interface or an RS-232 connection to your computer.

–Adam

razo1

Studionebula,

Could I ask you what midiinterface you got working with SoundDiver? (I'm having the same problem now).

Razo

studionebula
      Participant

I was probably using an Edirol UM-880 USB interface.

–Adam

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.