- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes can aux switches be assigned different functions for bank and play mode? Reply To: can aux switches be assigned different functions for bank and play mode?

onusx

after re-reading the manual a bunch of times, now i'm thinking i'm misunderstanding those knob function assignments. the manual says that whether you assign aux switches, or even midi switches, to control knob parameters, those settings will be global– so the range of knob change you specify will effect every preset, and every effect setting.

this is kind of a bummer. the ability to assign switches or an expression pedal to control knob parameters is great! but limiting it so that those knob settings are the same for every preset means that the real usefulness is limited. it's unlikely that i'm going to find a single delay time setting, for example, that i want to toggle to on EVERY preset, or a key or interval change that i would want to use in every key, or a wet/dry mix that works for every setting… maybe there are memory limitations that necessitate that these knob controls be global, but i really wish that this was something that could be changed in later software. even if the memory was limited and you couldn't save mutliple knob assignments for the aux buttons for all 100 presets, allowing several  would be better than just the one.

i really thought that at least the flex setting was programmable for upper and lower ranges, and any combination of parameters, for each preset, the same way that the expression pedal is programmable. the expression pedal programming is intuitive and useful; i just wish that the flex settings could be programmed the same way, and that the aux switches could be assigned to do alternate things for each preset.

i think with 2 expression pedals i might be able to get what i want from most presets– but then i'll still want the aux switches to allow me to step up/down between banks and presets, set tap tempo, and use the flex control.

maybe with a combination of MIDI, the aux switches, and the expression pedals this could work? what midi controllers are people using? i just don't know enough about programming effects and controllers to come up with an easy solution to do what i want with this unit. as a guitarist i want the pedal to operate intuitively, and some features really work for that while others don't.