- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes U2 Settings for TF, MF and PF Reply To: U2 Settings for TF, MF and PF

pitchman27

hey guys.  I have the PF and love trying to get u2 sounds out of it.  I do have to admit that i'm a complete newb at it.  I've read a lot of posts here and everyone sounds like a genious.  I am not, but i do love to mess around with the controls until i get sounds that sounds cool.  i cant upload any patches because my PF is upstairs and im too lazy to go get it heh.  I have dl the update for the PF and it seems a little more user friendly in getting a decent "shimmer" sound ala U2.  I know you guys may come up with a better "shimmer", but this works for me:

Shimmer sound ala U2: "Crystal" setting.   Lets start at the top left of the controls

first row top from left to right:  9 oclock, 12 oclock, 5 o clock, 5 oclock, 1 oclock then 5 oclock

second row bottom left to right:  5 oclock, 5 oclock, 12 oclock then 12 oclock

thats it!!!  remember these settings arent set in stone.  Play and have fun

BEAUTIFUL DAY solo only settings: "Synth" setting.  This is a very cool sound i came across accidentally.  It sounds a little oriental to me 🙂

Again lets start at the Top Row and go Left to Right:

5 oclock, 7 oclock, 2 oclock, 7 oclock, 7 oclock, 7 oclock

Bottom Row from left to right:

5 oclock, 7 oclock, 5 oclock and 5 oclock

Again, im just a newb and do not know a whole lot about this pedal….i just tweeked and knob twisted until it sounded good…..twist away