U2 Settings for TF, MF and PF

Home Forums Products Stompboxes U2 Settings for TF, MF and PF

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      miggator

Wanted to start a thread for specific settings for any U2 songs on the timefactor, modfactor and pitchfactor. Just got timefactor and modfactor and will be posting some of my settings as soon as i dial in some good settings.

dr.tdw
      Participant

My reference delay that I always start with is inspired by the Edge's sound. I use the vintage delay with bit rate at 18, a medium modulation and filter at 60, mix on 40 and feedbacks at 60. I use tempo mode and set delay A to 1/8 notes and delay B to 1/4 notes. I'll also use dotted 1/8 and 1/4 notes for a different rhythm. I use a stereo amp setup, and the different tempos adds nice auditory separation.

TDW

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

There is a dude over on youtube and he has the sound NAILED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VGEsl5CxMg&feature=related

he uses a TimeFactor and a ModFactor.

I was chatting with him over on another forum (TDPRI) and he is a really nice guy.

you could drop him a PM to see if he will share his settings, without the Edge or his guitar techtelling you… I think this guys is your best bet. Watch some of his vids, he has it nailed and he is in a U2 tribute band. I must keep an eye out to see if they play near me.

Cheers

BMF

pitchman27

hey guys.  I have the PF and love trying to get u2 sounds out of it.  I do have to admit that i'm a complete newb at it.  I've read a lot of posts here and everyone sounds like a genious.  I am not, but i do love to mess around with the controls until i get sounds that sounds cool.  i cant upload any patches because my PF is upstairs and im too lazy to go get it heh.  I have dl the update for the PF and it seems a little more user friendly in getting a decent "shimmer" sound ala U2.  I know you guys may come up with a better "shimmer", but this works for me:

Shimmer sound ala U2: "Crystal" setting.   Lets start at the top left of the controls

first row top from left to right:  9 oclock, 12 oclock, 5 o clock, 5 oclock, 1 oclock then 5 oclock

second row bottom left to right:  5 oclock, 5 oclock, 12 oclock then 12 oclock

thats it!!!  remember these settings arent set in stone.  Play and have fun

BEAUTIFUL DAY solo only settings: "Synth" setting.  This is a very cool sound i came across accidentally.  It sounds a little oriental to me 🙂

Again lets start at the Top Row and go Left to Right:

5 oclock, 7 oclock, 2 oclock, 7 oclock, 7 oclock, 7 oclock

Bottom Row from left to right:

5 oclock, 7 oclock, 5 oclock and 5 oclock

Again, im just a newb and do not know a whole lot about this pedal….i just tweeked and knob twisted until it sounded good…..twist away

Anderson

Hello my friend just bought my timefactor but do not quite understand the settings if you have some of the u2
      please send me the email ghirlinzone@yahoo.com.br be grateful

pitchman27

I have the PF and TF.  For the PF i can get a great "shimmer" sound out of Bank 49:2.  As for the TF, use a dotted 8th note delay for songs like "Bad" , "Streets", and "Magnificent".  For songs like "New Years Day" and "Beautiful Day" use a 1/4 delay.  Just adjust the number of feedbacks until it sounds right.  Be sure to use modulation (triangle).  Also, if you want or need detailed bpm's or delay settings go here:

http://www.edgewannabe.net/recarchive/index.html

Or if you need to know how to get "the" U2 sound and need help playing songs go here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/U2GuitarTutorials      <—-great site

Good luck!!!

jcshirke
      Participant

Just fyi–

The mod speed of the vintage delay is not fast enough to do a proper Edge-style modulation. I've been begging for Eventide to *at least* double the mod speed (and it really needs to be more than doubled) in the next TF upgrade.

Jeff

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.