- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Midi Pedalboard Help Reply To: Midi Pedalboard Help

badmelonfarmer
Participant

Hi,

I do not know the MIDI controller you have, personally, but in your example the TAP tempo would be sent to the Space by sending MIDI CC on say CH1, you would then set space to listen to that MIDI CC number on CH1.

You would then set Space to transmit MIDI Clock and set the other Factors to listen for MIDI Clock.

If you can set the switches on the MIDI controller to transmit multiple channels at the same time then you could set TimeFactor to CH2, ModFactor to CH3 and PitchFactor to CH4

Then in the MIDIMAP section of the firmware of each device you would set what bank to select when it receives the PC command for each channel. so you could set it like this

MIDI Controller Button 1 transmits the following

MIDI CH1 PC 1  > Selects 1.HALL

MIDI CH2 PC 5 > Selects 3:1 Guitars in Space

MIDI Ch3 PC 3 > 1:1 Chorus

MIDI ch4 PC 17 > 2:1 Teenage Daydream

if you leave the MIDI maps to default it will do the following…

xFactors

PC>Bank

1>1:1

2>1:2

3>2:1

4>2:2

5>3:1

etc

Space is easier as it is a 1:1 mapping

PC>Bank

1>1

2>2

3>3

4>4 etc

hope that helps to get you started Smile

IF your MIDI controller only supports PC on a single MIDI channel then you may be able to set up the transmit PC changes on the Factor to help, but I have never played with this.

You could set all the devices to the same channel, but personally I prefer to keep them on separate chanels.