- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor update utility fails while “writing” on three difficult computers, unit doesn’t work now Reply To: Pitchfactor update utility fails while “writing” on three difficult computers, unit doesn’t work now

robmosher

Thanks for the tips but I did try both suggestions. Holding down the encoder and the middle footswitch is not working. The only thing that does work is pressing down the middle footswitch alone while powering off/on the unit. It then goes into update mode. However many times I try to update, however, it gets to the writing phase and randomly goes anywhere from 1-9% complete and then fails… also, on the pedal it flashes "BAD !!!" right when the updater fails. I've tried it on multiple computers on multiple platforms with multiple USB cables, read the forums, have thoroughly gone through the trouble shooting steps posted, double checked MIDI CLK OUT is off.

Perhaps a bad sector in the flash memory that's preventing it from completing the "write" mode. At any rate, I've rebooted and re-initialized the installation at least 40 times now without it getting any further than 9%. I'm thinking I may have bricked the unit. I'll see if guitar center will exchange it tomorrow (though they'd probably freak out if I mentioned anything about updating firmware).