- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Tap sync multiple units with one Reply To: Tap sync multiple units with one

brock
Participant
Quote:
Is there a way to set up a master/slave relationship between the units so the tap tempo of one will sync both?  Sure.  Set up the system settings on the master.

Under MIDI:  OUTPUT: XMT / CLK IN: OFF / CLK OUT: ON. 

Set up the system settings on the slave.

Under MIDI:  OUTPUT: THRU / CLK IN: ON / CLK OUT: OFF.

The MIDI channel doesn't matter to the MIDI Clock, but you'll want to match the channel in the two devices for the rest of the 'fun stuff'.

Use the Play mode Tap switch on the master.  It's a fairly similar setup to use an aux switch on the master for controlling tap tempo on both devices.  There's a lot of detail in the UM on these processes.

Quote:
I have a Midi pedal on my pedal board.  Could I set them both to a MIdi control# and tap from the Midi board?Quite possibly.  It's going to depend on the features of your MIDI pedal.  Again, match your MIDI channels.  Pick a CC# for the MIDI pedal, and both 'Factor pedals if you want.  (More important to match the MIDI pedal tap source and master tempo transmitter.)

Ideally, the MIDI pedal has a programmable switch, and it can transmit a continuous controller value somewhere between 64 and 127, in a momentary 'pulse'.  Values 0-63 are read as 'OFF'.  Some types of boards will transmit a value of 127, followed by a value of 0.  Or alternate between 0 and 127 on every other switch press.

This will still work somewhat, but you may find your tempo to read as half of what you expected.  In any event, you'll have to return to the system MIDI section: RCV CTL: TAP > any CC# .  There's a handy LEARN function available by a second tap on the right footswitch.