- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Time Factor in Mesa Boogie Triple Rec Effects Loop – Please Help Reply To: Time Factor in Mesa Boogie Triple Rec Effects Loop – Please Help

badmelonfarmer
Participant

Hi,

not used that amp personally, but is it a parallel or serial effects loop?… i.e. can you mix in the level of effects loop with the dry sound? (Parallel) or does all the sound go through the effects loop when engaged? (Serial)

if it is parallel you might want to enable the "KillDry" function that will only allow the wet or processed sound through the Factor, but leave it disabled if in a serial loop.

right tone suck….

have you tried the toggle switches on the back of the factor? Basically they switch the input and output between "Line" level and "Guitar" level…. So depending on what level the effect loop is designed to work with, one should sound better than the other. Just try the different combinations.

personally I would try this with just the TimeFactor in the loop and get it to sound right and then introduce the other pedals one at a time after you have got it sounding right… Other things might interact with the factor and be altering the results.

next you should look at the different buffer options, you have options for buffered and un-buffered ..in relay, DSP+FX etc.. The info is in the manual under the bypass options.

Gut feel is that it more related to the line level and interaction with the other pedals… But like I said, I have not used that amp personally.

Hope that helps and good luck.