- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes V5 Beta for TimeFactor! Reply To: V5 Beta for TimeFactor!

AFX2W1N

Hello there, I have been having serious trouble updating my TimeFactor. Each time I attempt to do so, the screen glitches/ edits various parameters on it's own? This is very upsetting considering I chose eventide over Strymon STRICTLY for H9 control! 🙁

I have attempted the following which I obtained from this very forum:  

a few things to try, if you haven't already tried them…

1. Ensure that the TimeFactor is registered to you in your Eventide account. If not, register it

2. Force the TimeFactor into update mode

"If the update is started but does not complete successfully, the pedal may not function properly. If the pedal does not properly start up, the Eventide Update Utility will not be able to communicate with it. In this case, it will be necessary to force the pedal into Update Mode by holding down the center switch while applying power. Once the word "UPDATE" appears on the display, restart the Eventide Update Utility and attempt the update again."

3. Perform a Factory Reset.. (you will lose settings and custom patches)

"To restore Factory Presets and all System Settings, power up while simultaneously pressing the Middle Footswitch and the Encoder until [INITIALIZING] scrolls across the Billboard display. CAUTION: This function will overwrite any Presets that you've saved. If you want to be able to restore one or more of your Presets you must first save them to a computer."

Once you have performed a Factory reset (no 3) … try no 2 again.

———————————————————————————————————————————

If you have access to a PC with Windows installed, could you try our other updater, oupdate? It oftentimes works when the other updaters fail.  You can download it from the following URL:

After you download this zip file, please do the following:

(1) Unzip the zip file.

(2) Restart your Factor pedal with the middle footswitch pressed and with the Factor pedal connected via USB to your Windows computer.  You should see the Factor pedal display the text UPDATE on its screen, indicating that it is in update mode.

(3) Launch the oupdate.exe executable.

(4) In oupdate click on the Midi Config tab and make sure that by the labels Input and Output your Factor pedal is selected.

(5) Click on the "Operate…" tab to go back to the main page.

(6) Click on "Send" to start transferring the update to your Factor pedal.  (If it gives you a communication error message, just click again;  sometimes it takes a few tries…)

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Please download the following file:

After you download this zip file, please do the following:

(1) Unzip the zip file.

(2) Restart your Factor pedal with the middle footswitch pressed and with the Factor pedal connected via USB to your Windows computer.  You should see the Factor pedal display the text UPDATE on its screen, indicating that it is in update mode.

(3) Launch the oupdate.exe executable.

(4) In oupdate click on the Midi Config tab and make sure that by the labels Input and Output your Factor pedal is selected.

(5) Click on the "Operate…" tab to go back to the main page.

(6) Select the file TJ_boot_209154.bam to use for the update.

(7) Click on "Send" to start transferring the update to your Factor pedal.  (If it gives you a communication error message, just click again;  sometimes it takes a few tries…)

This update should be relatively quick — about 1 – 2 minutes.  After that’s done, you’ll have different updating software installed and you should now install the regular TimeFactor software.  So, you should go through basically the same process but this time select the file TimeFactor5.0.0beta[59].bam in the Operate screen.  That update will take longer — about seven minutes, but assuming everything works correctly after this is done, you’ll have the latest software and shouldn’t have any more trouble updating again.

If this doesn't work for you, please send an email to support@eventide.com, and we'll have to take things from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I attempted to update from multiple previous versions of TimeFactor as well… 

I contacted (via phone AND email) support…and was told this

Hi Ryan

"According to one of our engineers, the TimeFactor beta release that you installed has some issues on newer TimeFactor units, because they have a different type  of processor than older TimeFactors. The problem you’re describing is an issue we recently learned about and we’ll be posting a new beta release for the TimeFactor later this week that should address the issue."

That was nearly 2 months ago! (september 8th to be exact) WHAT is the/my problem exactly!?