V5 Beta for TimeFactor!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes V5 Beta for TimeFactor!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 88 reply threads
  • Author
      wedelich
      Eventide Staff

V5.0 release of the software for TimeFactor is now
      available!  Please note that this is a
      beta release, and we suggest that you only install this software when you have
      time to fully evaluate it before a tour or gig. 
      Please report any problems you might find with the beta in the
      Stompboxes V5 Beta forum (http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/26.aspx)

The new software can be installed in one of two
      ways.  One, you can use the Eventide
      Update Utility to download and install the updates, or two, you can download
      and install H9 Control and H9 Control will launch a bundled application called
      the Eventide Direct Updater that will download and install the updates.  (Please note that when H9 Control launches
      the Eventide Direct Updater, the Updaters window may not spring to the front of
      other open application windows.)  H9
      Control can be downloaded from the H9's support page:

http://eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Stompboxes/H9.aspx

The new TimeFactor release adds a new looper with a host
      of new features.  The new looper
      features:

*   Reverse play
      and record with immediate reverse playback

*   Seamless
      Varispeed overdubbing and loop playback over the full range of speeds from 200x
      to pause to reverse 200x

*   Real-time,
      non-destructive, loop head and tail trimming

*   Auto
      beat-quantization of footswitch actions in Tempo Mode.

*   Tempo Mode
      maintains real time intelligent beat sync even with speed changes or trimmed
      loop

*   MIDI clock sync
      to your drum machine or sequencer for locking your loop to the beat without
      drift

This release also makes it possible to use TimeFactor
      with the MacOSX and Windows versions of the H9 Control application. H9 Control,
      which was originally developed to support Eventide's H9, can be used to manage
      factory and user presets, multiple preset lists, and the system settings of
      TimeFactor. It is not possible, however, to use the H9 Control application to
      buy new algorithms for TimeFactor. The hardware for TimeFactor was not designed
      with this capability in mind, and it does not have enough storage space for
      additional algorithms.

H9 Control offers an improved user experience and more
      functionality than was previously available in the FactorLib application. We
      hope that you will find it to be a fast and intuitive way to create, manage and
      share your presets of your TimeFactor and to organize them into set lists when
      you would like to use TimeFactor in live performances. It also makes it faster
      and easier to adjust the system settings of your TimeFactor, especially when it
      comes to creating MIDI and auxilliary switch mappings.

After you install the upgrade to use your
      TimeFactor with H9 Control, keep your device connected to your computer via USB
      and launch H9 Control. H9 Control will ask you to enter your Eventide user name
      to verify that the device is registered to you. Once it has verified your
      registration, it will also give you two coupons for your TimeFactor that you
      can use to buy algorithms for an Eventide H9; if you have an Eventide H9 and
      you would like to be able to run some of your favorite TimeFactor algorithms on
      it, you can use these coupons to get them for free. (The coupons can be used
      for any algorithms however; not just the TimeFactor algorithms.) To use these
      coupons, you will need to connect your TimeFactor and your H9 device(s) to H9
      Control at the same time and go to the algorithms store to make your purchases.
      We require your TimeFactor to be connected when the algorithm purchase is made
      so that we can be sure that YOU, the registered owner of your TimeFactor, is
      making the purchase and not someone else who might have guessed your username
      and password.

borisinger
      Participant

when the algo available for H9????? can't wait to buy it!!

adistom

Hi Big Smile maybe i'm dumb but i can't find the software update on the site (beta v5)

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

The update is not a download from the website by the user …. you use the utility to update the TimeFactor or other Factor / H9.

I don't have a TimeFactor any more, but the way I used to update was using the Eventide Update Utility:-

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Stompboxes/TimeFactor.aspx

You may also use the H9 Control App to update it

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Stompboxes/H9.aspx

if it were me, i would probably download H9 Control and install that and see if you can update it from that first.

adistom

My bad, i've seen that just after my message! Thx anyway 🙂

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

no problem

enjoy

pauliusmm

When for H9?

gkellum
      Participant

pauliusmm:

When for H9?

Soon?  Soon!!!

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Did you say "Soon"?

That is as little as I need of an excuse to post this….

[View:http://youtu.be/hnpILIIo9ek:550:0%5D

Enjoy!

sherbanico
      Participant

Thanks for this much anticipated update!

I only found one H9 coupon with my registered TimeFactor though… I experienced a couple of bugs while registering the stompbox but don't know if it's related.

Keep up the good work Eventide!

gkellum
      Participant

sherbanico:

I only found one H9 coupon with my registered TimeFactor though… I experienced a couple of bugs while registering the stompbox but don't know if it's related.

I just looked up your account. It looks like you used two coupons from your TimeFactor to buy Room and MangledVerb. If one of these purchases was a mistake, send an email to support@eventide.com, and we'll see what we can do.

sherbanico
      Participant

Thanks for the quick reply (as always)!

I'll email support right now.

sherbanico
      Participant

Oh and by the way this reverse/varispeed setting on the new looper is simply amazing! Wink

mr. limbic

SO I just updated my Timefactor via H9 auto update and it erased all of my presets, what did I do???? I used a laptop fyi

mr. limbic

Also…I had deleted factorlib and have my presets saved there. I reinstalled factorlib, and when I open the pedal it says it is a modfactor. SO when I try to send the saved presets to the TF it says "cannot send TF presets to MF pedal." I downloaded factorlib from the timefactor support page as well. any ideas??

gkellum
      Participant

You should be able to import your backup of your presets in H9 Control.  Click on the Settings button in the bottom right hand corner of the app and go to Import Presets and Preset Lists.

mr. limbic

It wouldnt work, H9 editor kept auto-closing when I tried. I updated to the previous update and then I was able to transfer my presets back through factorlib, so you may have a bug that once you change to the new update your TF changes to read MF on factorlib and can no longer be used. I resaved my presets again and am updating now so I will let you know if they transfer, thanks

almesy

I don't have an H9 yet, but plan on getting one.  When I update my Timefactor and get the Coupons, do they expire?  Can i use them later or should I wait and do the update when I have the H9 so I use the coupons right away?

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

Coupons don't expire.

almesy

So i can do it now, even without owning the H9, and use later?  The instructions seemed to imply you had to have both the TF and the H9 at the same time.

I'm hoping you're right..

dredman
      Participant

Hello,

Updated my Timefactor with the H9 Mac software with no problem. Other than the NAMM YouTube video, are there any basic printed instructions on using the new looper features? Thanks!!!

niconaro

can i rename preset on my macbook with the H9 software and export the adjustment on timefactor?

thank you

Nicolas

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

There should be an "info" tab on the upper right section of the Looper preset editor in H9 Control. Click in that to see the Looper manual. 

gkellum
      Participant

almesy:

So i can do it now, even without owning the H9, and use later?  The instructions seemed to imply you had to have both the TF and the H9 at the same time.

Yes, you can update now without an H9 and use the coupons later. The instructions were saying that to USE the coupons you have to have both the TF and the H9 connected to H9 Control at the same time. The way the process works is that when you connect your TimeFactor to H9 Control the first time and verify your registration of your TimeFactor it creates an entry on our server for your TimeFactor with your two coupons. Those coupon entries stay there until they're used even if you don't have an H9 and even if you sell your TimeFactor to someone else.

gkellum
      Participant

niconaro:

can i rename preset on my macbook with the H9 software and export the adjustment on timefactor?

The simplest way to rename presets on your TimeFactor would be to go to the Preset List screen in H9 Control, you can click on  the icon representing your TimeFactor to look at all of its presets, and if you click on one of your presets to open it up, you can double click on the button representing a preset to rename it.

gkellum
      Participant

Mr. Limbic:

It wouldnt work, H9 editor kept auto-closing when I tried.

Hey, when I first read this, I didn't understand what you're saying, but having talked to another user with the same problem I think I get it now.  When you were trying to import your syx file into H9 Control, the app was crashing when you tried to do this? If so, what operating system are you using H9 Control on?  I'd like to look at the presets file you were trying to import if you don't mind.  If you have a moment, please email me the syx file at my forum user name plus @eventide.com.  

adistom

Hi guys!

i've got a big issue with the new update : i can't overdub anymore.

i press record while i play, press play and listent to my loop, no problem. Then i press record to overdub (not replace my loop) and the loop played is my new part not both (previous one and new one). I precise that the dub mode is latch only and not replace latch (i use the time factor for many years so don't say to me "it's not well parametered blabla…" Please. Waiting for your answers. Regards

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi adistom, 

I know you asked us not to tell you to check your parameters, but in the interest of good communication we need to be thorough, so:

– Are you sure DCY isn't set to 100?  This would act like the Replace functionality. 

– When you're doing the new overdub does the readout switch from P> to D> ? Or does is say R> again like you're recording? 

Answers to these question plus a detailed step by step to reproduce the bug would be helpful to us tracking it down.  

Thanks!

adistom

Ok guys, my sincere apologies… My decay was effectively at 100. It seems to work fine now. I'm finally able to reproduce the metallica blackened intro 🙂 Btw what is exactly the decay utility?

Cheers!

adistom

Ok sorry again guys, i've just read the manual to refresh my memory and that'ts a feature that i doesn't use (dcy is set to 0% on mine). Have i nice day and keep doing great updates!!

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

Hm. No implementation on the Looper for the H9 control software on my Mac (Macbook) The algo doesn't show.

Also, crashing takes place when I try to import my Factor Lib program for TF. Worked for my MF.

By the way, just finished a recording , FEATURING my Space pedal. It MADE the recording.

I'll send a MP3.

Cheers,

Billy

gkellum
      Participant

Billy Foppiano:

No implementation on the Looper for the H9 control software on my Mac (Macbook) The algo doesn't show.

Make sure that you have version 1.6 installed of H9 Control. You can check the version by clicking on the Settings button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and going to About.

Billy Foppiano:

Also, crashing takes place when I try to import my Factor Lib program for TF. Worked for my MF.

What operating system are you using H9 Control on? This is the 3rd time someone has mentioned this problem but I haven't been able to reproduce it. If you don't mind sending me your syx file, I'd like to try it out myself; my email address is my forum user name plus @eventide.com.

Billy Foppiano:

By the way, just finished a recording , FEATURING my Space pedal. It MADE the recording.

Awesome!
      Billy Foppiano
      Participant

All is good ! So looking fw to working with the new system. My TF was the first pedal, and I love it, so now the ease of use is accentuated…and it's like getting a new looper.

I will run it thru the paces later today. BUt did I mention I LOVE all you crunchers at Eventide!!! Youse rocks!

benborman

So far, I have had the TF crash (lock up) once while banking with a MIDI controller (Disaster Area). Second thing i noticed is that if you change the delay type on a preset and try to re-save it in its current position, is saves it with the generic delay type name.

Also, when banking into certain delays from other delays (presets) i encountered a loud squeal. I've had that happen before with my pedal, and changing some settings on the presets seems to help, but man is it alarming! Very loud and very high-pitched. Any ideas on what that is?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Thanks for the bug reports benborman.  We'll check them out promptly!  

I don't have any immediate ideas about the squeal, but I imagine it has something to do with TimeFactor's Spillover (really more of a 'morph') between different delay algorithm/types.  Do you have Spillover on?  If so, does the squeal ever occur when you switch b/t presets of the same Delay algorithm/type?  

benborman

I don't know if spillover is on – my device was reset to factory settings when I applied the update, so whatever it is by default is what it is now. 

I think the squeal was happening going from Tape Echo to Digital Delay this last time.  

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

Nothing but disaster for the Loop Algo. Flakey display, values jump around like a bunny, vari-speed acts like it's ON speed. Everything else fine. 

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi Billy, 

Sorry you're having a hard time getting the looper going.  Can you be more specific about the problems you're having:

Flakey display:  Which display, H9 Control, or the one on the Timefactor?  What specifically is making it flakey? 

Values jump around:  Which values are jumping around?  Are you talking about the display here or something else? 

vari-speed on Speed:  you'll have to be more specific, to what are you referring? 

Thanks

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

Wow. Weird Voodoo in the pedal, re loops. To tell the truth, my pedal has always responded herky jerky to the loop algo. It would shave milli-secs and other anomolys, so I approched the new algos with open mind….At first, with my laptop hooked in, the first couple times I loaded any Loop algo, it was disaster…So much so, I didn't have the focus to report all the trainwrecks….BUT after the 5th or so go around, the algos seem to settle in without trainwreck…..weird.

The one question I have w/r to H9 app is : can we erase CC assignments on a per patch basis?This process would be really welcome as trying to do it on the pedal seems to invite um trouble. When I try to de-assign a parameter, the pedal will add a few parameters I haven't touched. So doing this on the H9 app would be welcome. And sorry for my brief last post. Gremlins were abounding, but now they seem gone….weird

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

Did you get my last post, a few second ago? I hope it didn't go done the rabbithole….

gkellum
      Participant

CC assignments are global; they're not saved with the preset. The expression pedal patch is though and that can be assigned to a MIDI CC.

frabo
      Participant

HI,

control repeat with external midi CC 50 does not work anymore ! 🙁

How can I assign the repeat function ?

Assign the left and the right footswitch is always controlling the left footswitch ! – bug?

thanks for help

frabo
      Participant

oh, sorry,

found it. 

I used a performance switch for that (have to set it up at the hardware)  😉 

But btw, is it possible to get the meters working ?

coirbidh_99
      Participant

Given the way you've chosen to implement the Reverse feature, is it possible to independently toggle forward/reverse playing and normal speed/half speed?  My quick reading of the situation is that you'd have to assign separate footswitches to -100%, -50%, 50%, and 100% speed controls, which seems awfully cumbersome for live performance.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi coirbidh_99,

Good call.  With the current release you'd need an Aux switch and an Expression pedal, or as you said, use two Aux switches to do that.  HOWEVER, we recently anticipated that this was indeed cumbersome, so we've added an option to the Xnob (PLAYMODE) that let's you use the Play footswitch (middle one on TF) as direction toggle instead of a Play retrigger.  That way you only need one extra switch or expression pedal mapping to do the half speed.  We'll probably do another beta release with this new feature and some bug fixes shortly.   

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

When you go back to the beta release, can you add a mapping and unmapping feature for Xpression pedal? It is cumbersome to delete assignments from the pedal…..When I try, I inadverdantly add a parameter that I didn't intend….AHYWHO, THAT would be a welcome feature!

I think there was a way to delate Xpression assignments in the old program…BUT it did it globally. I would like a per patch basis……..jes sayin, er beggin! Heh heh.

BTW, I want to shout the love to you guys for the H9 program in Mac. I have 3 pedals(Space, TF, MF) and they ALL contribute mightily to mah sound….and H9 brangs it!!

frabo
      Participant

Hi,

my TF did not stored the pedal settings !

If I change something like the Bypass mode,the TF it is always at "DSP" after reboot 

?? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Make sure you are using the correct power supply.

If you are, contact support@eventide.com

acsewalk

You mean after the software update, or after every reboot?

Mine did this after the update, but once I changed everything back it stayed.

So far, I haven't found anything I need my TF to do that it can't.  Thanks for the update Eventide crew!

benborman

Is there anything that limits the speed of scrolling through banks? It seems slower than I remember. There is a significant amount of latency when scrolling through patches, via MIDI at least. 

A quicker response time on that would be a welcome improvement! 

frabo
      Participant

hmm, yes I have the correct power supply !

But when I switched back to V 3.5 everything works fine, also the setting saves !

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It sounds like you'll be happier on 3.5 – I would suggest you stay there until the next upgrade (later this year), which has significant enhancements.

If you want 5.0, you should probably "Restore Factory Settings" after the update.

frabo
      Participant

yes after every reboot ! :-((

Can't use it like this…

went down to 3.5 works well, up again to this beta- nope !

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry you are having trouble. As mentioned, I suggest that you stay on 3.5 until the next update. If you still have trouble, you should send it in to be looked at (support@eventide.com).

deltadog
      Participant

hey folks,

i´ve been checking the v5 beta  for a week now and with the new looper algo i´ve detected the following problems…

– recording was sometimes not working and only initializing helped out (happened about 2x within a week)

-midi clock is not working properly. tried it synced to a rme multi face via cubase/ableton & via alai mpc 2000/1000. when the time factor gets the start signal the timing is too late but with the 1st loop it syncs up well. only work around so far is volume down during the first loop round & then bringing the loop in later

-beat quantization of activate recording tap is not accurate. when recording and then restart the midi master you realize that the loop was not recorded from the 1st beat. tried different tapping timings between the last beat & the 1st beat but it seems like its not really synced to the clock when recording. only work around so far is recording a empty loop then restarting the master clock and overdub the empty loop with audio then it works fine. but even then when retriggerung the master clock its out of sync and the next time retriggering it works well again (happened sometimes…but not that often)

-the reaction of the timefactor is also not very fast when retriggering or stopping the master clock (stopping could also be more accurate not beatwise)

greetz

wselman
      Participant

I'm also having a similar experience. Using OSX (10.9.4). Launching the Eventide Direct Updater from the H9 Control. The Updater gets about 50% through the update process and then loses connection with the TF. The Updater tries to reconnect and then crashes.

HellenButterlips
      Participant

I tried installing the update this morning using the Eventide Direct Updater in OS X Yosemite Public Beta 2. Everything seemed to work just fine, but after the device reboots when the update completes, the screen goes into a loop of flashing various parameters and values. I can tweak knobs and see some feedback, and if I hit the switches at the right time I can activate/bypass the effect, but it's mostly useless. Is this a bug in the firmware, or did I do something incorrectly during the update?

Note: I'm able to put it into Update mode and downgrade to 3.5 without issue…just really wanted to be part of the Beta Club.

gkellum
      Participant

We have an alternative updater called oupdate that only runs on Windows that we recommend to users that run into these sorts of problems.  In this thread I walked another user through using oupdate to update his TimeFactor who was having no luck using the Eventide Direct Updater:

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/9492.aspx

HellenButterlips
      Participant

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried the oupdate, but still having that weird display issue. Even tried updating the bootloader following the steps you outlined in the other thread, but the results were the same. I'll stick with v3.5 for now – hopefully it's only a beta issue (using a brand new TimeFactor, so i'm assuming it's nothing wrong with the pedal).

Per
      Participant

One question as I just bought the H9 and will soon be able to use the looper. 

Does the looper have the choice to ping-pong the loop in playback. T.i from start to end, from end to start and so on. If not I would like to have that as request in a possible uppdate. Its very nice make the loop sound even smother, especially on more padlike sounds.

Per 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Stick with 3.5 until the next release (week or two), which should have a fix for it.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi deltadog, 

Thanks for taking the time to write up your experience.  I have a few questions, if you don't mind, that will help me get to the root of the issues you're seeing with the Looper.. 

1. Regarding "recording was sometimes not working" :  have you seen this again?  If possible, if you do, are you able recall exactly what you were doing and how you were trying to use the Looper?  Are you saying that even after switching to a different algorithm and then switching back to Looper the recording was not working?  Only a full pedal wide initialization did the trick?  

2. Regarding "midiclock is not working properly":  Are you able to give me step by step detail of what you did, and what occurs?  For example: 

Step 1: Connect TF to mpc via MIDI cable (MIDICLK IN should be set to ON)

Step2: put TimeFactor Looper in Tempo Mode

Step3: Start the drum machine to give the Looper a MIDI Start 

Step4: Press Record on Looper right before the Beat I want to start recording over

etc…..etc….

After the steps, what did you expect to happen? What actually happened?  

3. Regarding "beat quantization of activate recording tap is not accurate":  Are you sure you're getting a MIDI Start from your MIDI master device?  You might want to use Midiox or some MIDI monitor on a computer to be sure.  The Looper should wait until the start of the next beat after a record press if it's received a MIDI Start. If it's not doing this, it probably hasn't seen the MIDI Start.  Of course there could always be something else going on I'm not seeing on my end, so as with the previous case, a detailed step by step instruction to repeat the problem, along with what occurs, and what you expected will help me tremendously in diagnosing any possible issue.  

4. Regarding "the reaction of the timefactor is also not very fast when retriggering or stopping": The Looper will retrigger with a MIDI Start only, some DAWs and drum machines will only send the Start if you explicitly press Stop and then Start, and when just pressing Start to re-trigger will only send a MIDI song position pointer and/or a MIDI continue.  The Looper doesn't support these messages.  Also, would you prefer the Stop action of Looper to always be immediate, or are there some cases that it makes sense to do it beatwise? 

Thanks for all the help testing!  Also, feel free to post videos of any of these issues if you think that would help, but do me a favor and make them private, as we are still in beta and working out the rough edges.  

BerserkerRRC

I recently purchased a TimeFactor and so far I am pretty impressed with overall flexibility of the different algorithms.  I was curious about one request that seems to come up intermittantly concerning an internal solution/option for stacking the delays for mono signals.  I've been playing around with the patch cable method to force the two signals to run in series but I noticed that whenever I mistakenly come across a modulated preset, I end up with an earful of super screech/feedback which I would think an internal solution would protect against.  

acsewalk

Would love to see a delays in series option too if it's possible!

deltadog
      Participant

Hey Russel, sorry for the late response. first off when i wrote that about the Version 5.0.0beta (59), the day after i checked the update utility and another beta and tried that out. i think it was 5.0.0 (2) or something…it isn't available anymore. and with that everything was fine (timing, recording, etc) everything worked out very well, but there was only no reverse looper featured… maybe that is already helping a lot.

another thing to mention is that it would be nice to have different modes for the looper. in 3.5 the loop was entirely played through which is nice to pitch down loops and the mode of the 5.0 where it restarts with the next 1. beat is nice for pad sounds. to choose if the looper should stop immediately or with the next beat would also be nice.

If you need the full explanation of what i did and what occurred, i could write that down but just pick the reverse looper out of the 59 beta and replace it in other version and I´ll be happy.

Greetz 

AFX2W1N

I am having this exact same issue and have tried all of the steps listed (tried on both mac with direct update and pc with the outdate)… screen/parameters glitch/change

eeeskildsen
      Participant

Since updating my Timefactor to V5.0 the looper doesn't record any audio at all. I've done the update several times and that hasn't helped. I've tried controlling the pedal from H9 Control, and from the pedal itself. No difference. Everything else on the pedal works flawlessly. I'm starting to wonder if I am overseeing something myself, or even doing something wrong, as I haven't seen anybody else mentioning this issue. If someone could please shed some light on this, I'd be very happy. Thank you!

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi eeeskildsen, 

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the Looper.  A few questions to get us on the same page: 

1. What version of the .bam do you have is it 5.0.0beta[59] or is it something else?  I ask because we had an issue where the wrong build went out a few weeks ago.

2. Assuming you have the right version, what is your exact setup? i.e. what is before/after the TimeFactor, mono/stereo, etc.  

3. When you hit the Record button what happens on the Timefactor? Does it display the R> (with a running secs or beats counter) and you just don't hear any audio when you Play back, or does it just never go into the Recording State? 

eeeskildsen
      Participant

Hi!

Thank you for the speedy reply! Very appreciated!

Quote:

1. What version of the .bam do you have is it 5.0.0beta[59] or is it something else?  I ask because we had an issue where the wrong build went out a few weeks ago.

I have 5.0.0beta[59].

Quote:

2. Assuming you have the right version, what is your exact setup? i.e. what is before/after the TimeFactor, mono/stereo, etc.  

I haven't changed the position of my TimeFactor in my signal chain, so it would surprise if that has anything to do with the issue. I'm running mono in and mono out. An EHX Chillswitch before the TimeFactor and a Boss PS-3 after it. I have no AUX or EXP pedals connected and I am powering it with the original power supply.

Quote:

3. When you hit the Record button what happens on the Timefactor? Does it display the R> (with a running secs or beats counter) and you just don't hear any audio when you Play back, or does it just never go into the Recording State? 

When I hit the record button on my TimeFactor everything happens that should happen, the display shows the R> etc., and all other functions appear to be working. I have changed through the decay amounts, the record modes, playback modes etc., turned the mix volume up and down. There just isn't any recorded audio coming out of the TimeFactor(or no audio is recorded into the buffer).

I hope I am managing to be clear enough. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks!

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi eeeskildsen,

Very strange, obviously, we wouldn't have released a Looper that doesn't work, and I cant reproduce this here, so….. let's just start some in-the-dark troubleshooting.  As a first point, just for clarification, regarding the R> or P>, do the numbers actually change when it should be recording or playing, or do they hang at 0?  

Now, on to some troubleshooting: 

1.  Just to completely rule everything else out (I don't believe it is coming from somewhere else though), take everything out your chain, just go guitar into Input 1 of the Timefactor, and connect Output 1 to your amp.  Does Looper still not work in this configuration? 

2. Press and hold the right footswitch to put the TF into Bank Mode.  Is the bank that the Looper Preset resides in active?  You would know because one of the Red LEDs would be lit.  If no Red LED is lit, the Looper is bypassed, and you'll need to make that preset active by pressing the footswitch under it.  Does this get you anywhere? 

3. If you still don't have success after 1 and 2, does going to another algorithm and back to Looper (with the Encoder) cause it work?  If not, does initializing the pedal cause it to work (be sure to save your presets first)?  

That's enough to be getting on with, thanks for the patience and willingness to be a part of the beta testing.  

Best

bucks4
      Participant

hello, i have had a software upload problem. while using the H9 software to update my time factor it crashed, and now my time factor is sitting in update mode, and the H9 software does not see the pedal, it asks me to restart the pedal power cycling with the hot and right switches pushed down, the pedal then restarts blank, no lights at all, completely dead, can you please help. kind regards Chris

cowudders
      Participant

I can't get the looper to overdub anymore. I swear, it worked for a moment, i swear! But now [D:LATCH] [D:PUNCH]   behaves the same as  [D:REPL-L][D:REPL-P]. I didn't change anything, also circle powered the unit, etc … according to the H9 editor i'm using 5.0.0beta(59)

adistom

i had the same issue, check that dude :

– Are you sure DCY isn't set to 100?  This would act like the Replace functionality. 

– When you're doing the new overdub does the readout switch from P> to D> ? Or does is say R> again like you're recording? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You should contact support@eventide.com. They will be able to sort you out. Give them your serial number and tell them what computer you have.

cowudders
      Participant

adistom, hi, i'm 100% sure, Decay WAS set to 100%. so this acts like replace? thanks, didn't know, still don't understand why, but … thanks!

adistom

You're welcome, i've been there 😉

AFX2W1N

Hello there, I have been having serious trouble updating my TimeFactor. Each time I attempt to do so, the screen glitches/ edits various parameters on it's own? This is very upsetting considering I chose eventide over Strymon STRICTLY for H9 control! 🙁

I have attempted the following which I obtained from this very forum:  

a few things to try, if you haven't already tried them…

1. Ensure that the TimeFactor is registered to you in your Eventide account. If not, register it

2. Force the TimeFactor into update mode

"If the update is started but does not complete successfully, the pedal may not function properly. If the pedal does not properly start up, the Eventide Update Utility will not be able to communicate with it. In this case, it will be necessary to force the pedal into Update Mode by holding down the center switch while applying power. Once the word "UPDATE" appears on the display, restart the Eventide Update Utility and attempt the update again."

3. Perform a Factory Reset.. (you will lose settings and custom patches)

"To restore Factory Presets and all System Settings, power up while simultaneously pressing the Middle Footswitch and the Encoder until [INITIALIZING] scrolls across the Billboard display. CAUTION: This function will overwrite any Presets that you've saved. If you want to be able to restore one or more of your Presets you must first save them to a computer."

Once you have performed a Factory reset (no 3) … try no 2 again.

———————————————————————————————————————————

If you have access to a PC with Windows installed, could you try our other updater, oupdate? It oftentimes works when the other updaters fail.  You can download it from the following URL:

After you download this zip file, please do the following:

(1) Unzip the zip file.

(2) Restart your Factor pedal with the middle footswitch pressed and with the Factor pedal connected via USB to your Windows computer.  You should see the Factor pedal display the text UPDATE on its screen, indicating that it is in update mode.

(3) Launch the oupdate.exe executable.

(4) In oupdate click on the Midi Config tab and make sure that by the labels Input and Output your Factor pedal is selected.

(5) Click on the "Operate…" tab to go back to the main page.

(6) Click on "Send" to start transferring the update to your Factor pedal.  (If it gives you a communication error message, just click again;  sometimes it takes a few tries…)

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Please download the following file:

After you download this zip file, please do the following:

(1) Unzip the zip file.

(2) Restart your Factor pedal with the middle footswitch pressed and with the Factor pedal connected via USB to your Windows computer.  You should see the Factor pedal display the text UPDATE on its screen, indicating that it is in update mode.

(3) Launch the oupdate.exe executable.

(4) In oupdate click on the Midi Config tab and make sure that by the labels Input and Output your Factor pedal is selected.

(5) Click on the "Operate…" tab to go back to the main page.

(6) Select the file TJ_boot_209154.bam to use for the update.

(7) Click on "Send" to start transferring the update to your Factor pedal.  (If it gives you a communication error message, just click again;  sometimes it takes a few tries…)

This update should be relatively quick — about 1 – 2 minutes.  After that’s done, you’ll have different updating software installed and you should now install the regular TimeFactor software.  So, you should go through basically the same process but this time select the file TimeFactor5.0.0beta[59].bam in the Operate screen.  That update will take longer — about seven minutes, but assuming everything works correctly after this is done, you’ll have the latest software and shouldn’t have any more trouble updating again.

If this doesn't work for you, please send an email to support@eventide.com, and we'll have to take things from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I attempted to update from multiple previous versions of TimeFactor as well… 

I contacted (via phone AND email) support…and was told this

Hi Ryan

"According to one of our engineers, the TimeFactor beta release that you installed has some issues on newer TimeFactor units, because they have a different type  of processor than older TimeFactors. The problem you’re describing is an issue we recently learned about and we’ll be posting a new beta release for the TimeFactor later this week that should address the issue."

That was nearly 2 months ago! (september 8th to be exact) WHAT is the/my problem exactly!?

AFX2W1N

edit: nearly 1 month ago Stick out tongue

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi AFX2W1N,

We just put up a new build that should solve your problems.  See my latest post for more info: 

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/9660.aspx

AFX2W1N

It works now! thank you!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Kimmurray04

has the vintage delay input clipping issue been resolved with this firmware update?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Please refresh me on what clipping issue you're talking about.  I thought you might have written about it before, but this is your first post under this username, so I'll need a forum link or a description of the issue.  

Thanks

Kimmurray04

In November 2012 I exchanged emails with Jerome Hyman RE: Helpdesk Call No: 48441 – Timefactor vintage delay clipping

I had found that In the line level effects loop of my CAA OD100 amplifier with dip switches set to Line level on the Timefactor the Vintage delay algorithm would distort. Strangely all the other algorithms were fine. I sent a video demonstration and I was told the Eventide engineers had recognised the problem, mentioned it was a software issue and would try to fix it. I don't seem to be able to attach the video to this message unfortunately.

thanks,

Kim

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

OK, I believe what was causing your bug was that you would save a Vintage Delay preset with Bits = 20 (the undistorted Delay sound), but your preset was loading with Bits = 5 (the intentionally distorted Delay sound).  

If this was the case (and we're pretty sure it was) the later updates should have this fixed.  

Kimmurray04

Hi Russell,

i installed the latest beta software and after testing on gig last night it is still occurring. 🙁

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Did you try to re-save the preset in question with the Bits parameter = 20?  Make sure the Bits = 20 sound isn't distorted in the first place of course. 

Kimmurray04

Ok. So I did some more testing and it is still distorting the repeats even at 20 bits. The distortion sounds different to lowering the bit rate, hard to describe but can be clearly heard on the video I mentioned i sent already. 

cello323
      Participant

Hi. it is possible to connect the timefactor by bluetooth to h9 control with a Bluetooth-converter> usb?

gkellum
      Participant

You'd have to link to a specific product for us to even guess about this. No one here has done that, and I doubt there's anything on the market that can do this.

Viewing 88 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.