- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Question on Rationale behind MIDI Transmit Map & Foot switch. Reply To: Question on Rationale behind MIDI Transmit Map & Foot switch.

guitarlesson

Perhaps my last message was not clear enough. The MIDI controller works great with my Eventide pedals thanks to their midi mapping. The problem is that the MIDI controller alone will not work with the next pedal in the chain because that pedal does not have MIDI mapping capability. Button 1 will always call up preset one on that pedal, which is kind of pointless. Sometimes I want button 1 to call up preset 10 or button 2 to call up preset 6. My hope was that by outing the Eventide between them, hitting button 1 on the controller might call up bank four preset two on the Eventide, which in turn would be mapped to transmit another arbitrary program change of my choosing to the following pedal. it seems like they intentionally designed the MIDI capabilities to not work like this, and i was just wondering why. However if anyone has any suggestions having read my situation I'm open.