Home › Forums › Products › Stompboxes › Updater crashes :-( › Reply To: Updater crashes :-(
My first attempt, the updater got "stuck" because it couldn't "find" my Timefactor. The way I got the updater to work was the following:
1. Disconnect USB cord from Timefactor and then reconnect it so that the PC tries to identify the hardware again.
2. When Windows asks if it can go on-line to check for the software click on "no, not this time"
3. At the next dialog window select the option that says something like "automatically install" don't click on the Advanced tab or search for the file yourself…Windows will find the right file.
4. I had to go through the above 3 steps twice to get my PC to recognize the Timefactor.
5. Once that was working properly I launched the Eventide UPdate utility and everything worked just fine.
Hope that helps someone.