- This topic is empty.
June 30, 2008 at 12:01 pm #105707VibroluxParticipant
Tried several times to update my brand new TimeFactor, but the Update Programme keeps crashing! What can I do?
Thank you for your Help!
June 30, 2008 at 7:03 pm #117620martz403Member
just bought mine an hour ago. same problem.
July 1, 2008 at 3:30 pm #117625
July 17, 2008 at 12:22 am #128823spydogParticipant
My first attempt, the updater got "stuck" because it couldn't "find" my Timefactor. The way I got the updater to work was the following:
1. Disconnect USB cord from Timefactor and then reconnect it so that the PC tries to identify the hardware again.
2. When Windows asks if it can go on-line to check for the software click on "no, not this time"
3. At the next dialog window select the option that says something like "automatically install" don't click on the Advanced tab or search for the file yourself…Windows will find the right file.
4. I had to go through the above 3 steps twice to get my PC to recognize the Timefactor.
5. Once that was working properly I launched the Eventide UPdate utility and everything worked just fine.
Hope that helps someone.
July 17, 2008 at 12:25 am #128824spydogParticipant
I was having the same problem…the utility kept getting stuck b/c my PC wasn't properly recognizing the Timefactor. I had to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable and select "No, not this time" then the "detect automatically" option twice. Windows then recoginzed the Timefactor. After that I launched the utility again and everything worked just fine. Hope that helps someone.
July 19, 2008 at 8:00 pm #128831rjohns1Participant
I fixed mine. The glitch i had was that it would crash when it went to download the update. It ended up being my password to the site. The password would work to login to the forum, but it would not download the update. I changed my password, and it worked like a champ.
July 28, 2008 at 3:08 am #117711siriusblissMember
My update went perfectly fine, and despite the device saying DONE! – the updater sits there for a LONG time saying 'Restoring device…this may take a while…'.
How long should I have to wait for the updater to complete the update?
July 28, 2008 at 4:12 pm #128854ObotiMember
Same here. The update utility doesn't seem to like special characters or at least some of them …
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.