- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can’t get an exact delay time – Timefactor Reply To: Can’t get an exact delay time – Timefactor

almesy

Well, I read and re-read the manual, and couldn't for the life of me get it to work. I searched the posts, and saw one from 2/5/09, where someone had a similar problem. A reply was given about pages 24-25 in the manual, with a heading "Adjusting Tempo & Tweaking Delays", so I went back again and read that section. The second part of that section at the top of page 25 explains that you need to have the Tap Tempo feature off, and be in Play Mode, and tap the Tap switch (Foot Switch) once, so that the delay time is displayed. While it is displayed, you turn the "Encoder" knob and you can change the time in 1 millisecond increments. I think my problem was that for some reason I kept turning the Delay Time knob, thinking that was what they were referring to when they were talking about the "encoder". Once my brain started working it made sense and worked perfectly. I must have read that paragraph 4 times at the top of page 25, and even though it's clear as day, I just kept messing it up. Definitely not the fault of the manual – as I said, it was my mistake. If you follow exactly as it says, it works perfectly.