- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 Midi Problems Reply To: H8000 Midi Problems

IDeangelis

Hi Steve

Midi Banks

All work fine here! This is the way things work:

When using Midi Maps+User Groups

if OMNI: ON – Group : Factory (MIDI Map) – MIDI map: Factory

a prog change on ANY midi channel will recall the respective numbered preset in the Factory group, on the current DSP, the visible one.

In this case, ROUTINGS can't be recalled via midi.

I notice that CC#0 navigates thru banks on any selected current DSP

if OMNI: OFF – Group : Factory (MIDI Map) – MIDI map: Factory  and base channel: 1

Prog Changes on base CH 1 recall the respective numbered preset in the Factory group ON DSP A

Prog Changes on base CH 1+1= 2 recall the respective numbered preset in the Factory group ON DSP B

Prog Changes on base CH 1+2= 3 recall Routings

Prog Changes on base CH 1+3= 4 recall Setups

Nice touch: when you load a preset on any DSP, its parameters will appear on the display, changing to the latest DSP (A or B) on which last preset has been loaded.

When disabling Midi Maps

if OMNI: OFF and base channel: 1

Prog Changes on base CH 1 recall the respective numbered preset in the bank set by CC#0, ON DSP A

Prog Changes on base CH 1+1=2 recall the respective numbered preset in the bank set by CC#0, ON DSP B

Prog Changes on base CH 1+2= 3 recall Routings

Prog Changes on base CH 1+3= 4 recall Setups

I have a Peavey PC1600X desktop MIDI controller, w/16 sliders and 16 switches. Sliders 1 and 2 send out CC #0 on MIDI ch 1 and 2 (respectively) and sliders 3 & 4 send out MID Program Changes on the same channels as 1 & 2. Thigs work perfectly.

My advice is:

-isolate the H8000! Connect the MIDI controller to the H8000 directly, nothing in between

-use a different MIDI cable. You never know.

-try a CLEAR SETUP on the H8000.

If these advices don't work…things will definitely depend on your MIDI controller.

++++++++++++++++++++

MVRacks

all these presets use the same CC#, assigned to ASSIGN #3 in the system. If you use 2 MVR presets, just change to assign 4 for the presets in DSP B and re_store them with Tweaks patched to Assign 4.

all the best

I