- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Sample Rate Conversion for Axe FX inside Eclipse Reply To: Sample Rate Conversion for Axe FX inside Eclipse

zap
Participant

Thanks to Nickrose, achaput, and Tom for clarifying.

But since everyone recommends
in the Fractal forum for me to use the Analog outs of the Axe FX when I
get it because of the deep character of those converters,  would you
say it is better to convert like that to the eclipse A/D conversion before going into m-powered pro
tools (since I have a crappy 1st generateion m-audio sound card with
low end ad converters which makes me have to use either spdif or optical or adat))… or should I I use the Spdif out on the Axe to
go to the eclipse digitally and rely on the eclipse sample rate
coverter?  In this method, would I lose out on any special tonal character of any of the AD/ D/A converters in any of these two units?

So in a nutshell,  should I go out of the Axe FX analog to the Eclipse to try to rly on the Eclipse A/D conversion before my lightpipe entry into my
sound card?  Is the Eclipse A/D conversion anywhere comparable to the H8000 A/D conversion?  If not. then is the Eclipse Sample rate conversion anywhere near the quality of the H8000 sample rate conversion?   I really need to know this info. and the reason is because I want to be able to match the hyper realistic quality of My access virus synth and have as good quality electric guitar sound.