- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development Patch sharing community and the lack thereof Reply To: Patch sharing community and the lack thereof

Sorry, just noticed this…

I know that Eventide used to sell extra sets of patches, but I don't know if anyone else did or does.  There used to be a dedicated H8000 guy (Pulver maybe?) who was quite active a while back in creating new patches, but I haven't seen anything from him in a while.  I've been offline a lot in the last couple years, so it could be that I'm just not looking in the right place…

I think the biggest problem with commercial patches is that there is no copy protection and the Internet makes it too easy to share things, so as a patch developer, you don't get much return on your investment.  That said, I think a shared patch resource would be a good thing for Eventide users and that's why I'm building the patchlibrary web site.  My only hesitation is about finding a way to make sure that I don't store commercial patches.  Before I go online, I'm going to talk to a lawyer about the privacy and usage agreements…