- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes time factor reverse loop??? Reply To: time factor reverse loop???

coirbidh_99
Participant

kenficara:

I agree, though, the TF is not a looper. Using it for looping is a waste of a good stompbox. I have dedicated loopers (main ones are a Boss RC50 and an EHX 2880) and if I use the TF for looping I can't take advantage of all its other wonderful sounds.

Respectfully, I have to disagree.  In fact, I'm getting a TimeFactor with the idea that it's a looper that just happens to have a bunch of really cool delay algorithms as well.  It may not have the multiple-loops or reverse features of the two devices you mentioned, but it has a substantially deeper interface for real-time loop tweaking: nondestructive control of loop start and end points, pitch-shifting over a three-octave range, replacement of audio within a loop (great for glitching), etc.  For my money, the only thing the TimeFactor needs to be the hands-down best performance looper on the market is (a) reverse-loop capability and (b) the ability to quantize some of the features (overdub/replace, retriggering, loop start/end movement) to a specific rhythmic subdivision of the overall loop (1/4, 1/8, 1/16, etc).