time factor reverse loop???

Home Forums Products Stompboxes time factor reverse loop???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      teddybutter
      Participant

does it do reverse looping?

I can't seem to be able to figure that out.

Teddy

IDeangelis

hello 

No reverse looping at the moment.

best

teddybutter
      Participant

this has to be implemented if the pedal is to be taken seriously as a looper.

IDeangelis

Teddy

as explained in a very recent post on the same topic, Time Factor is a dedicated and specialized DELAY pedal, with some looping functions. It's not really meant to compete w/dedicated looping devices, even though some more and new functions may be implemented in this area.

Looping is an art where great differences and approaches exist. Some enjoy straight delay looping, others want audio editing in the loop…and so on, thru many different variations. There is no looping device that makes everybody happy. The most advanced looping musicians all use different products in this area, to complement each other functions.

I love my Repeater…but it doesn't do what my H8000 does. The Echoplex is great but it doesn't what the Repeater and the H8000 do. The H8000 is amazing but it doesn't do what the other 2 units do. I have learned that a product has specific areas that, if deeply investigated, can provide some terrific results other units can't.

best

teddybutter
      Participant

I am sure most would agree that the TimeFactor is designed to compete directly with the Line 6 DL4. After all, it has the same power supply, has similar effects and does everything the DL4 does except reverse looping. Are you saying this will not be implemented in the future? Are you saying it is impossible to implement?

Of course, the TimeFactor does about 5 bazillion things better than the DL4. That is precisely why I will bug eventide about reverse looping. I don't want to carry a DL4 just for reverse looping. I'm sure Adrian Belew, Bill Frisell and robert Fripp would agree.

I do own and use the Boss RC-50, Line 6 DL4, Electro Harmonix 16 second delay and Memory Man with Hazarai. I have a trio that does live looping. So it's not inexperience that leads me to my comment.

thanks for listening…. the new website and forums are great

Teddy

IDeangelis

I didn't say it will not be implemented. I can't say if it will or won't or when. We are open to suggestions and will decide in time.

Adrian Belew and Robert Fripp are looping with H8000FW in these days. 

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Teddy,

Reverse looping has been one of the most requested features for this box, so hopefully we will get to it for an upgrade.

I would expect that we will be able to put it in for a future release, but unfortunately I can't tell you when that will be yet.

Thanks, however, for the feedback and feel free to send us any other feature requests for the box. We are listening.

teddybutter
      Participant

I was just at Adrian's house… he was using a DL4 to loop !!!!!!!

Teddy

IDeangelis

I'm sure he has that and "you name what"…but less than a month ago we supported Andre, his gtr tech, as he needed some help with the H8000FW about controlling loops with MIDI.

teddybutter
      Participant

I'm glad that reverse looping one of the most requested features….. I hope it's in there soon.

As far as Adrian, I know he's getting ready for his next tour, I was there a week ago, and he's deciding what to bring out with him and redoing his boards. We were messing with some awesome space out sounds in the H8000FW, but he did have a DL4 out for looping. He also had a time factor for delays and about 30 bazillion other pedals…. a frighteningly amazing setup he has.

anyway… thanks for writing back and listening, Dan and IDeangelis, you guys are great for keeping us informed about what is going on.

Teddy

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

And thanks for the input Teddy, we do need to hear from you guys to know what we need to do to make the products better.

mapmap

just putting it out there…
      i'm another timefactor owner that would love to have reverse looping enabled on this device. i would totally ditch my line 6 if it were implemented.
      thanks for making great stuff.

tommi
      Participant

Hello,

Here's another TF owner missing the reverse functionTimeBig Smile

mapmap

how could they have missed this one on the current update?!?

especially if like Dan Gillespie (Sr. DSP Engineer) said..  "Reverse looping has been one of the most requested features for this box"

achaput

Reverse for the Looper was not forgotten about; it is still on the list for a future update.   

Jerra.S
      Participant

A LoopFactor would be the best thing regarding Looping – I'm sure this would be one of the best loopers out on the market.

100nka

Cool! We're waiting!

Best regards

Tom

hywelg

I'm getting into my TF looping functions, never used a looper before. For me the biggest downside is loop length. I know you can set it to ¼ speed and get 48 seconds but on that setting the ausio quality is just plain poor. 24 seconds on ½ speed is often not long enough.

How about implementing USB memory chip expansion to get some more looper time?

druhaha

PLEASE allow for LOOP REVERSE!

PLEASE update it so I can buy a Timefactor to replace my aging boomerang.

satisfy your eager customers!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

hywelg:

How about implementing USB memory chip expansion to get some more looper time?

Sorry – this would require significant hardware and price changes, so it is unlikely to happen. Not a small thing.

malkinson

Hi there – I'd liketo add to the request for reverse loop function.

The the first tim eever I'm now able t sync a live loop length to a midi clock which is a fantastic addition to my looping artillery. If reverse looping was available I would be very very happy…

druhaha

Oh when will the future arrive??

I've been waiting for what seems like forever….might be time to finally part with the timefactor in order to get one of the many options that do reverse looping… it's a shame though, this thing does so many things right.

kenficara

Fripp let go of his TC2290s? I find that hard to imagine. The H8000FW is way out of my budget, and doesn't it only have three minutes or so of looping total? That's not much.

I agree, though, the TF is not a looper. Using it for looping is a waste of a good stompbox. I have dedicated loopers (main ones are a Boss RC50 and an EHX 2880) and if I use the TF for looping I can't take advantage of all its other wonderful sounds.

coirbidh_99
      Participant

kenficara:

I agree, though, the TF is not a looper. Using it for looping is a waste of a good stompbox. I have dedicated loopers (main ones are a Boss RC50 and an EHX 2880) and if I use the TF for looping I can't take advantage of all its other wonderful sounds.

Respectfully, I have to disagree.  In fact, I'm getting a TimeFactor with the idea that it's a looper that just happens to have a bunch of really cool delay algorithms as well.  It may not have the multiple-loops or reverse features of the two devices you mentioned, but it has a substantially deeper interface for real-time loop tweaking: nondestructive control of loop start and end points, pitch-shifting over a three-octave range, replacement of audio within a loop (great for glitching), etc.  For my money, the only thing the TimeFactor needs to be the hands-down best performance looper on the market is (a) reverse-loop capability and (b) the ability to quantize some of the features (overdub/replace, retriggering, loop start/end movement) to a specific rhythmic subdivision of the overall loop (1/4, 1/8, 1/16, etc).

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.