- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Midi Controller tutorial for newbie Reply To: Midi Controller tutorial for newbie

starstring:

How are you doing?

Life is full!  🙂  Just got a couple new toys:

My son and I are going to compete in some vintage races…

Quote:
Are you working for Eventide now?

Nope.  I'm just some obsessed guy…  I'm a big Ensoniq fan and have a huge PARIS rig that I've been hacking on for years, but I decided I wanted to devote some efforts to something that is still in production!

Quote:
Then I need an on screen editor to help speed up editing sounds, the single most crucial thing is to be able to see what is routed to what and which algorithm I'm working with.

Yes, that was part of the inspiration for my remote control app.  When I've worked with other Harmonizer users, the biggest hurdle to overcome has been to understand routing…

Quote:
When you say prototype of the pedal board, how can I get my hands on one? Does it have a simple bypass switch so I can bypass the eclipse if needed?

I'll let you know when I finish the firmware updates.  The buttons are all programmable.  For example, in LP1 mode, the top row chooses which tracks to select and the bottom row selects function (record, play, overdub, reverse, etc).  I'm trying to come up with a good programming setup to match the Harmonizer…

Quote:
Hopefully you are developing a version of the on screen editor for PC???

All my new programming work is cross-platform.  I love my Macbook, but I'm too cheap to buy a new Mac when PCs out perform for a lot less money…!  LOL