- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes The final frontier? Reply To: The final frontier?

timothyhill

Yeah, me, too… I've gotten through about half the presets, but haven't had time yet to get into trying to create my own sounds. There is a lot here and it's going to take some time to digest it all. At this point, I will say this, though…

The realistic spaces, rooms and halls, are really good. The plate is also really good. The spring is the best I've heard, better than most actual spring reverbs. I thought DualVerb would be good, that's a widely used studio trick, but it's far better than I thought it would be. Reverse is incredible, again better than expected. ModEchoVerb is worth the price of admission if that was all this box did. None of the demos I've heard of BlackHole do it justice; it's much more versatile than I expected. TremoloVerb is cool. There are a lot of things that I think Dynaverb will do (just haven't gotten to play with it enough), and, well, Shimmer is everything you'd expect.

There is no added noise. I'm still not sure which preset selection method I prefer. The really great thing is what's happening to the tails of the reverbs… I can't wait to start playing around with the ExpPedal and MIDI. Calling this a "reverb" pedal doesn't come close to what this really does.

Now, back to playing…