The final frontier?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes The final frontier?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      usehername

Anyone seen a Space pedal yet? First batch was supposed to have shipped in February……

I got notification from Sweetwater today that SPACE won't ship until May!!!  I called and asked if I had order to late and missed the first shipment.   They said  Eventide would not be shipping them SPACE until then and it had nothing to do with me being low on the waiting list.

timothyhill

Heard a vicious rumor that good things come to those who wait… at least that's what I keep telling myself in what I know will become a losing battle to just pick up an Eclipse, just to tide me over. Maybe that wouldn't be so bad, though… the Eclipse is either the 1st or 2nd item on my shopping list (after the Space), anyway, and having one isn't going to stop me from wanting the other, so, well… I just keep hearing some weird Chinese guy saying "patience, Grasshoppa"… (oh, wait, that's the TV in the other room).

In all seriousness, you ordered yours the same day I ordered mine, didn't you Rabiddiabetic13? 13 Jan, right? I've never known Sweetwater to be, shall we say, less-than-honest like some other retailers (who shall remain nameless), so if they're saying May, I believe them.

I'm sure there's a good reason for the shipping delay, but I wouldn't mind hearing from Nick or someone else at ET just to shed some light on the sutiation (like some QC thing or something).

davidkaeser
      Participant

April ?!?! No, no, I don't think so… May maybe for the second batch… But I'm sure that the first units will come mid-march… I hope 😉

davidkaeser
      Participant

Nova Musik and Front End Auidop says mid-march (14)

usehername

Not all stores where in on the first shipment. At least that was the information I got. The store I ordered from left me with the impression that the first run was expected mid February. I ordered (paid in full)  beginning of FEB. It would be great if a staff member would jump in for an update. FEB-MARCH-MAY When???

Yes Tim, Sweetwater has been great, sending me several emails about the staus of my order,  I have even spoken to the same sales person twice (good guy).

I am just going to wait, I figure it has to get here eventually.  Not a huge deal…but like you just curious what the situation is.

-Anthony

davidkaeser
      Participant

Angel Please say that it's for march… Like the V3 version of the firmware… Angel

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Space is still on track for mid-March. This only refers to the first batch – people who ordered later will get theirs .. later.

davidkaeser
      Participant

Yes Coooooooooooollll !

usehername

Thanks Nick

davidkaeser
      Participant

Pedal now shipping according to this ! http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2011/03/08/eventide-space-reverb-pedal-now-available/

Is it true !! ?  :-))))

davidkaeser
      Participant

Yes, it's confirmed, I read it in many websites Big Smile Cooooooolllll !!!

timothyhill

Just got word from Sweetwater that my Space shipped from their facility today. FedEx doesn't have a delivery estimate, yet, but I do have a tracking number and, based on experience, it should be here Tue or Wed (15 or 16 March)… Is it too soon to start getting excited? Or do I just need to get a life?? 😉

davidkaeser
      Participant

Aaargggghhhh  !!! 😉 Congrats Timothyhill !! Mine is coming from Prymaxe, They should receive it shortly… I hope… So impatient !

Cheers 🙂

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

cool! let us know what you think.

ShaneV
      Participant

Just received my SPACE, I'm very excited. I've been waiting for this for a while!

usehername

Who will be the first user review???

ShaneV
      Participant

Still haven't grazed the surface of what this thing can do, but I'm VERY happy. 

It's weird, in a lot of ways it feels like this was the missing half of my PitchFactor, and now all of my patches just sound more right with the addition of the SPACE. 

timothyhill

Yeah, me, too… I've gotten through about half the presets, but haven't had time yet to get into trying to create my own sounds. There is a lot here and it's going to take some time to digest it all. At this point, I will say this, though…

The realistic spaces, rooms and halls, are really good. The plate is also really good. The spring is the best I've heard, better than most actual spring reverbs. I thought DualVerb would be good, that's a widely used studio trick, but it's far better than I thought it would be. Reverse is incredible, again better than expected. ModEchoVerb is worth the price of admission if that was all this box did. None of the demos I've heard of BlackHole do it justice; it's much more versatile than I expected. TremoloVerb is cool. There are a lot of things that I think Dynaverb will do (just haven't gotten to play with it enough), and, well, Shimmer is everything you'd expect.

There is no added noise. I'm still not sure which preset selection method I prefer. The really great thing is what's happening to the tails of the reverbs… I can't wait to start playing around with the ExpPedal and MIDI. Calling this a "reverb" pedal doesn't come close to what this really does.

Now, back to playing…

usehername

Got mine today. Only played with it for about 10 minutes. Could beat out the Time Factor as my favorite pedal ever.

Got mine yesterday and I must say there is a lot to be had with this one, straight out of the box very impressive.  The sounds can be huge and spatial.  I did however notice some of the presets induce some noise.  It seems on presets with the Hi EQ set all the way to 100 there is a noticeable hiss when not playing.  I backed the high EQ down to about 55 and the white noise went away.  I am still trying to figure if I am missing anything not keeping the Hi EQ set to 100 on those presets. Mangledverb is  noisy but I think that is due to the distortion settings being dimed.  I guess you could use a noise gate, maybe they could build one into the unit on a future release for that algorithm?

timothyhill

Hey, isn't the Hi EQ a boost/cut, at least on the Hall, Room, Reverse, ModEchoVerb, BlackHole, MangledVerb, TremoloVerb, and DynaVerb algorithms? I mean, 0 is neutral, negative values are cuts, and positive values are boosts, or at least that's what I think is happening. So, running the Hi EQ at 100 would pretty signifcantly boost the high end (I'm not sure how much, but it sounds like at least 10 dB), which could be where that white noise is coming from.

And yeah, the distortion in the MangledVerb can be noisy, but I've never seen a distortion that didn't add some noise. I think a gate would be a great addition to that algorithm.

As for the presets, I'm only slightly more impressed than I've been with the presets on the other Factors. It's not that they're bad, but rather aren't all that useful without some tweaking. Every rig is different, though, and every player, so it's not like I think I could do a better job writing presets. I think the true power and versatility of any of the Factors didn't really become apparent until I started tweaking.

Anyway, glad to hear you're enjoying your Space! And yeah, I agree… there's a ton of stuff here. Think it's going to take me a week to start feeling like I've even scratched the surface!

Yes you are correct about the Hi EQ boost/cut.   I am tweaking those presets with Hi EQ boost above 60 to around 50 or lower to get rid of the noise.  All my distortion pedals are noisy but I run them thru the send and return of a boss noise gate but I certainly don't want to run my SPACE thru it and cut off the reverb decay that  is why I suggested the gate for that algorithm.

Space as definitely made my  setup sound more lively like I took a blanket of my amps.

Thanks for your input Tim

Anthony

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

timothyhill:

As for the presets, I'm only slightly more impressed than I've been with the presets on the other Factors. It's not that they're bad, but rather aren't all that useful without some tweaking. Every rig is different, though, and every player, so it's not like I think I could do a better job writing presets. I think the true power and versatility of any of the Factors didn't really become apparent until I started tweaking.

you are right, I think it is almost an imposible task to write presets that will please everyone…one person is into shredding….I am not….but then "Senor ShredyPants" would not be into "BadMelonFarmers" – "Whale mating ambient nonsense." LOL

The Presets on Space are really good, but I guess that it because reverb is less genre dependent as say a Harpegiator… also you need to play in a particular way to make things like arps sound ok.

jataft

Got my Space today!  For sure the coolest pedal I've ever come across…the options are ridiculous.  It's also great how it can function as a tremolo as well, and even some distortion (although by itself it's not the best distortion pedal you'll find).  It will likely bump my tremolo pedal off my board (and I have a very fully featured tremolo).

I've only so far done a quick run through of all 100 presets…excited to start creating my own presets and play with it live!

usehername

The finest piece of guitar effects equipment I have ever purchased. I could not be happier with it. I cant imagine not using it from now on. Well worth the money for just a couple of the algorithims. 

Imerkat
      Participant

Got mine yesterday! it's so pretty :D. I have a running joke with my non-musician friends i thought ya'll would appreciate

Me: Got my Eventide Space pedal today!

Friend: Oh is this the one pedal that turns all your bad feelings into good feelings?

Me: yup that's the one!

Friend: Does it make sex even better?

Me: it's one of its setttings

Friend: Can i borrow it sometime?

Me: LMAO

davidkaeser
      Participant

Received mine today ! Far better than I expected ! Simply Fabulous… Possibilities seems infinite with it !

Thanks for the lovely picks inside 😉

timothyhill

Glad to hear you guys got yours, too! It really was worth the wait, I think. This is easily my "desert island" pedal…

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.