- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes PitchFactor Not Recognized By Factor Lib Reply To: PitchFactor Not Recognized By Factor Lib

timothyhill

Well, I'm at a loss here. Maybe the new version of FactorLib (1.8) isn't compatible with the software on your pedal (2.3.OC2J). I'm not familiar with that version, so I'm not sure if updating will overwrite your presets (the last few pedal updates haven't, but like I said, I'm not familiar with your version).

If you have access to a different computer, you might try that. Just to make sure…

you're using WinXP-SP3;

you're using FactorLib 1.8;

you've detacted all external hardware from your computer (except keyboard and mouse, of course);

you've tried more than one known-good USB cable;

you're tried rebooting both the computer and the pedal;

the PF does show up in the Windows Control Panel;

but nothing's listed under Comms Preferences in FactorLib.

I think that covers the questions that Nick asked earlier, so maybe he's got some more ideas. The only other thing I can think of is making sure you've got all the latest Windows Updates from Microsoft installed. You mighy try applying the pedal updates, but I can't promise that they won't overwrite your presets (I don't know). If you go that route, you may want to write down the settings for the presets you care about the most. I know that can be a time-consuming process, but it's better than losing them. In any case, you can try contacting Eventide support directly:

support@eventide.com

(201) 641-1200 from 9:00am to 5:00pm (Eastern), Monday through Friday

http://eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support.aspx