- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Need an editor for Eclipse! I’m alone? Reply To: Need an editor for Eclipse! I’m alone?

Yes, as I mention on my site, I understand that you have to protect your intellectual property, but the ruling last Friday was the final straw for me with Apple.  For example, I saw the pinch to zoom thing in a TED talk something like a year before the iphone was released.  How did Apple get to claim that as their own?  Apple is a great integrator, but as far as I can tell, they haven't actually created any technology themselves; they have really just combined various technologies that they have found elsewhere.  (And done a fantastic job of simplifying/dumbing down to make it accessible, I might add…)  I wouldn't have my issues with Apple if they acknowledged their sources instead of claiming them as their own.

BTW, if you want to learn more about software lawsuits, I highly recommended: Groklaw.

Final note: as I point out on my site, I am a Linux programmer by trade, so I am merely retreating a step…