- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes eventide pitchfactor organ Reply To: eventide pitchfactor organ

brock
Participant
Quote:
my only chance to see if it works as good as the pog 2 for that organ sound is to find a store where they let me try the pitcfactor with calm because it' s not an easy tool to understand

I'll try to toss together a few basic presets that you can print & take with you.  The PitchFactor interface looks daunting at first, but it gets easier once you have a little time to spend with it.  That's when you discover just how versatile and layered the programming is.

The Pog2 is a very good device.  It's easier than the Pitchfactor to get the exact sound that you're after .  But the Pog2 is a much narrower device in terms of what you can do with it.  I look at the Pitchfactor as a half-dozen pedals in one box.

Quote:
the main thing is the organ

I hope you don't mind me making a few more suggestions.  I don't know anything about your setup, but you have a great start by following it with the ModFactor.  Swirly, rotary modulation with gradual speed changes does a lot for organ emulations.

The other big item is control over the 'envelope'.  The PitchFactor alone is OK for a doubled, guitar + organ phrasing.  Many times you'll want to disguise the ultra-sharp attack and string decay of a guitar input, though.  A volume pedal, expression pedal over Mix, or pinky volume control can help.  An automatic slow attack is a little faster and more natural.

I have a few of those options already on my pedalboard.  The AdrenaLinn III has some 'Slow Gear' effects.  The Pigtronix Philosopher King gives me complete control over creating an organ-type envelope.  It's close to a synthesizer ADSR in that I can shape the attack, sustain (via compression), and the final decay of the guitar.

The real surprise came with the E-H Freeze (Superego looks even better).  By 'freezing' the input before the PitchFactor, I can hold the sound at very consistent levels.  The 'attack & release' are controlled by footswitch technique.  It's goes a long way toward creating my emulations of keyboard-based instruments.