- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Why are algorithms so expensive for H9 Reply To: Why are algorithms so expensive for H9

brock
Participant

Can someone clarify what constitutes a single "algorithm" for in-app purchase?  The product descriptions include a list of the pre-loaded "most popular algorithms".  In the original stompboxes, ten algorithms are featured, with variations on any particular one as a subcategory.

For example, the PitchFactor doesn't consider the H910 and H949 as two of its algorithms; let alone the tuner.  Neither does the ModFactor list each of its Chorus or Tremolo variations as discrete algorithms.  The clearest picture that I'm getting here is from the UltraTap algorithm.  'Special' is special.

I really want to want this H9, but I would like to know what I'm getting into. I can understand the sputtering release dates. I can overcome the shared expression / aux jack with MIDI control.  But Win / Android user here, so it's a bit of a gamble to figure out what's what, then project what might or might not happen down the line.

I will say that I appreciate the documentation being online now.