- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes v5.0 release for ModFactor, PitchFactor and Space out now! Reply To: v5.0 release for ModFactor, PitchFactor and Space out now!

gkellum
Participant

nicholasjdryden:

If there is anything I should know about why the software update wiped my presets/whether there actually were any warnings to back presets up first and I just missed them/what I might be able to do to recover them I would very much like to know.

The updater actually shouldn't wipe your presets. We do warn users that they should back up their presets before updating in the release notes, but we should do it in the app as well right before the update. But normally, your presets are left in place and are unaffected by the update. What version of PitchFactor were you actually updating from? I'd have to ask a colleague whether this happens if the installed PitchFactor software is much older than the current release for example.

Had you ever backed up your presets with FactorLib? You could restore them from that, but if there's no backup, I'm afraid they might be gone.