v5.0 release for ModFactor, PitchFactor and Space out now!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes v5.0 release for ModFactor, PitchFactor and Space out now!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 44 reply threads
  • Author
      gkellum
      Participant

V5.0 releases of the software for ModFactor, PitchFactor and Space are now available!  Please note that these are release candidates, and we suggest that you only install this software when you have time to fully evaluate it before a tour or gig.  Please report any problems you might find with the beta in the Stompboxes V5 Beta forum (http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/26.aspx)

The new software can be installed in one of two ways.  One, you can use the Eventide Update Utility to download and install the updates, or two, you can download and install H9 Control and H9 Control will launch a bundled application called the Eventide Direct Updater that will download and install the updates.  (Please note that when H9 Control launches the Eventide Direct Updater, the Updaters window may not spring to the front of other open application windows.)  H9 Control can be downloaded from the H9's support page:

http://eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Stompboxes/H9.aspx

For those users who had previously installed the beta releases — v4.5 — for ModFactor, PitchFactor, and Space, these updates address some user reported problems with the Undulator algorithm in ModFactor and with various PitchFactor algorithms.  (If you already installed the previous H9 Control compatible beta release (v4.5), then H9 Control will not automatically launch the updater for you, but  you can launch the updater from inside H9 Control by going to the Pedal settings screen and going to the "Update Device Software" page.)

For those users who had not installed the beta release — v4.5 — here are the original release notes from the beta release:

This release makes it possible to use ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space with the MacOSX and Windows versions of the H9 Control application. H9 Control, which was originally developed to support Eventide's H9, can be used to manage factory and user presets, multiple preset lists, and the system settings of ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space. It is not possible, however, to use the H9 Control application to buy new algorithms for ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space. The hardware for ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space was not designed with this capability in mind, and it does not have enough storage space for additional algorithms.

H9 Control offers an improved user experience and more functionality than was previously available in the FactorLib application. We hope that you will find it to be a fast and intuitive way to create, manage and share your presets for your ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space and to organize them into set lists when you would like to use ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space in live performances. It also makes it faster and easier to adjust the system settings of your ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space, especially when it comes to creating MIDI and auxilliary switch mappings for ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space.

This release represents a merging of the software used to create ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space with the software used to create the H9. As such there have been a number of bug fixes, small improvements and other changes made for the H9 that are flowing into the ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space release. One such change is that loading an algorithm with the algorithm encoder (or H9 Control) causes the loaded preset to appear as preset 0, indicating that it was loaded into memory and has not overwritten any other preset. But there have been too many changes made to list them all individually, and although we have tried not to lose or break any important features in ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space, some of the changes made may have been inadvertent and may have affected some of ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space's functionality in undesirable ways. This is a beta release, and if you notice anything wrong, we would appreciate your bringing it to our attention on the Eventide forums.

After you install the upgrade to use your ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space with H9 Control, keep your device connected to your computer via USB and launch H9 Control. H9 Control will ask you to enter your Eventide user name to verify that the device is registered to you. Once it has verified your registration, it will also give you two coupons for your ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space that you can use to buy algorithms for an Eventide H9; if you have an Eventide H9 and you would like to be able to run some of your favorite ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space algorithms on it, you can use these coupons to get them for free. (The coupons can be used for any algorithms however; not just the ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space algorithms.) To use these coupons, you will need to connect your ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space and your H9 device(s) to H9 Control at the same time and go to the algorithms store to make your purchases. We require ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space to be connected when the algorithm purchase is made so that we can be sure that YOU, the registered owner of your ModFactor, PitchFactor, or Space, is making the purchase and not someone else who might have guessed your username and password.

entreat69
      Participant

Fantastico!!! Now sooo looking forward to the one for Time Factor. Thanks and Cheers! 🙂

Regards from Singapore

Randolf Arriola

Wizard9
      Participant

One more on the TimeFactor waiting list. 🙂

underwood

me to!

Panar

TIMEFACTOR!!

c_collins

This is really disappointing guys. I've always been a fan of the Eventide crew, but after purchasing a Space and being led to believe that there would be future upgrades in store for the device (via marketing and trade show reps), I certainly didn't expect it to be displaced so quickly by the H9. 

The H9 Control – while welcomed, I'm sure, by many – is nothing more than what should have been delivered in the first place as a modern interface for the Space and other *factors*.

The email I got this morning alluded to the fact that I could get an update and be able to buy new algorithms for the Space. No, it wasn't explicit. But considering the tone, content and proximity of the announcements, it isn't a stretch to assume as much. Please be careful with your marketing. It's a world full of social media with short attention spans and high expectations.

toraliens
      Participant

Just updated my Pitchfactor, and It's works!

However, After the update the DSP bypass and all FX started to do some weird pops and crackles noises, the input and output level is fine.

I just downgraded and these weird noises are gone….

I upgraded again, and the noises are back.

I just wait for the next update. 😀

I will do some more tests…. anyone with the same problem?

Cheers,

Roberto Torao

facebook.com/toraliens

youtube.com/toraliens

toraliens
      Participant

Hi,

I just updated my Pitchfactor, and it works fine with h9 control app.

However, the stompbox started to make some weird pops and crackles noises in DSP bypass and FX.

I downgraded the firmware, and all the noise is gone.

Just to make sure, I updated again to the lastest firmware, and the pops and crackles are back.

The input and output levels is fine, is not clipping.

I will do some more tests, but I'm pretty sure the firmware is not good.

Cheers,

Roberto Torao

gkellum
      Participant

Thanks for the feedback. We'll see if we can reproduce this when bypass is set to DSP + FX.

gkellum
      Participant

toraliens:

However, the stompbox started to make some weird pops and crackles noises in DSP bypass and FX.

I just tried the new bam with the bypass set to DSP+FX, and I stepped through a bunch of presets but didn't hear any crackling. Could you tell me what you were doing when you heard this? Were you just playing through a particular preset? Were you transitioning between presets? Were you transitioning between active and bypass?

toraliens
      Participant

Thanks for the quick response…

Right now, it's very rare and random, it's kind of crackle noise when you have a mismatch sampler rate.

I will do some more tests, and let you know if get worse.

Anyway, thanks for the H9 Control support for the old stompboxes, this is something that I was waiting for years! I just did a video about it in my channel!

Cheers,

Roberto Torao

toraliens
      Participant

Hi!

Sorry to bother again!

This is the problem in my pitchfactor after the firmware upgrade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f0tPetp69c

Cheers!

Roberto Torao

I've followed the instructions and downloaded the software to use with my Pitchfactor. It required me to update the pedal's firmware, which wiped all my presets!

Your better software updaters are able to do an update without touching saved data, and if they can't I expect a warning to appear telling me to back everything up. In this case there was nothing, just instructions on how to do the update and telling me how great it was going to be, and now all my patches are gone. Pretty disappointed.

K-1000
      Participant

Hi,

I was really glad when I saw the news about being able to use the H9 control for the Space, so I downloaded and updated its firmware…it worked really fine…

Then, I downloaded H9Control-1.5.3-windows-installer and installed it on my PC (Windows XP Pro SP3) everything again went just fine until the moment I tried to open the software H9 control : impossible to open it  = "H9 Control has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I tried again and again, just impossible to open it…I also tried to uninstal it and reinstal.. still nothing… at that moment I thought a problem happened when I downloaded it on the Internet, so I downloaded it again, also updated again the Space firmware, and reinstal again….still nothing…

What's going on? What did I do wrong?

gkellum
      Participant

Sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having. We've never heard about a user having that particular problem before. Does that happen also when Space isn't plugged into the computer? Is your computer a 32bit or 64bit machine? It should run on both, but it would be good to know.

K-1000
      Participant

Hi, thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I just tried with the Space unplugged and I could open H9 control, but as soon as I plug the Space into the computer it isn't recognized by the software and if I try to restart this last one (when Space is still plugged in)  it shows me the message "H9 Control encountered a problem and needs to close" again….

I don't know what to do about it..

K-1000
      Participant

I forgot to answer to that: my computer is a 32bit machine

I would like to clarify that my previous post was not merely a complaint with no necessity of reply.

If there is anything I should know about why the software update wiped my presets/whether there actually were any warnings to back presets up first and I just missed them/what I might be able to do to recover them I would very much like to know.

gkellum
      Participant

K-1000:

I just tried with the Space unplugged and I could open H9 control, but as soon as I plug the Space into the computer it isn't recognized by the software and if I try to restart this last one (when Space is still plugged in)  it shows me the message "H9 Control encountered a problem and needs to close" again….

Well, try starting H9 Control without Space plugged in. A dialog will pop up saying "Device not found". Leave it there for a moment. Then plug in your Space.  And in the device not found dialog select the option "Manually select a device" and in that dialog choose the MIDI ports of your Space and add it. Does that work?

gkellum
      Participant

nicholasjdryden:

If there is anything I should know about why the software update wiped my presets/whether there actually were any warnings to back presets up first and I just missed them/what I might be able to do to recover them I would very much like to know.

The updater actually shouldn't wipe your presets. We do warn users that they should back up their presets before updating in the release notes, but we should do it in the app as well right before the update. But normally, your presets are left in place and are unaffected by the update. What version of PitchFactor were you actually updating from? I'd have to ask a colleague whether this happens if the installed PitchFactor software is much older than the current release for example.

Had you ever backed up your presets with FactorLib? You could restore them from that, but if there's no backup, I'm afraid they might be gone.

I last updated the PF firmware in early February this year, to whichever version was current at the time. I have found a FactorLib file from around the same time which hopefully has the presets I want, but now FactorLib is saying the file is 'unknown'. That is to say, it recognises the file type, opens it and lets me edit it, but it won't let me send it to the pedal because it "Cannot send unknown presets to PF pedal".

Also if this helps, the pedal itself is now filled with what look like demo presets: Storyteller, Teenage Wasteland, Trance Octaves etc.

Thanks for the reply,

I previously updated the PF firmware in early February this year, to whichever version was current at the time. I have found a FactorLib file from around the same time which should have at least some of the presets I lost, but now FactorLib won't send it to the pedal. It recognises the file type, opens it and lets me edit it, but the filename starts with (unknown) instead of (PF) and when I click Save to Pedal I get the error message "Cannot send unknown presets to PF pedal".

Also if this helps, the pedal itself is now filled with what look like demo presets: Storyteller, Teenage Wasteland, Trance Octaves etc.

gkellum
      Participant

nicholasjdryden:

I previously updated the PF firmware in early February this year, to whichever version was current at the time. I have found a FactorLib file from around the same time which should have at least some of the presets I lost, but now FactorLib won't send it to the pedal. It recognises the file type, opens it and lets me edit it, but the filename starts with (unknown) instead of (PF) and when I click Save to Pedal I get the error message "Cannot send unknown presets to PF pedal".

Great. That might be helpful. So, you updated to the latest PitchFactor release right? Well, try importing your FactorLib backup into H9 Control and see if you can send it over to your PitchFactor that way. To import it, click on the Settings button in the bottom right hand corner of H9 Control, go to Import Presets and Preset Lists, and choose your syx file in the file chooser dialog. It should import the presets as a list and you'll be able to go to Preset Lists and use the "Save to pedal" button to transfer them to your PitchFactor again. 

entreat69
      Participant

PitchFactor with the new firmware seems to be having issues with the Flex Pitch Algorithm where for example i set the pitch intervals for Pitch A to be at -5th and the Pitch B to be at +12. Unlike previously these days everytime i power up the rig and go the patch that uses these preset intervals with the Flex Pitch Algo the output sound i get is usually not the intended pitch intervals, only after scrolling through the presets a coupla times does the Flexpitch Algo in the preset playback the intended pitch intervals. I don't use expression pedal and aux switch with my Pitch Factor. I've never had this issue with the previous firmware. Any clues please? Thanks.

Regards

entreat69
      Participant

I was hoping for but having tried the latest firmware updates on Mod, Pitch Space and H9 i'm still hoping for a more effective mix control that allows the option to dial off totally the dry "original" signal and leave just the wet signal in the a patches intended mix. Currently i still get the sound of the dry signal still too obvious even with the wet/dry mix knob cranked all the way fully clockwise. Possible please? Thanks.

Regards

R

gkellum
      Participant

entreat69:

PitchFactor with the new firmware seems to be having issues with the Flex Pitch Algorithm where for example i set the pitch intervals for Pitch A to be at -5th and the Pitch B to be at +12. Unlike previously these days everytime i power up the rig and go the patch that uses these preset intervals with the Flex Pitch Algo the output sound i get is usually not the intended pitch intervals, only after scrolling through the presets a coupla times does the Flexpitch Algo in the preset playback the intended pitch intervals. I don't use expression pedal and aux switch with my Pitch Factor. I've never had this issue with the previous firmware. Any clues please? Thanks.

Are you using PitchFactor by itself or with H9 Control? The fact that you're loading a preset multiple times and sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong makes me wonder if the value is being sent to H9 Control and ping ponged back to PitchFactor with reduced precision. That's just a guess though. It would be helpful if you could describe how you're setting the pitch intervals (on the pedal or the app) and how you're loading the preset (on the pedal or the app).

entreat69
      Participant

"Are you using PitchFactor by itself or with H9 Control? The fact that
      you're loading a preset multiple times and sometimes it's right and
      sometimes it's wrong makes me wonder if the value is being sent to H9
      Control and ping ponged back to PitchFactor with reduced precision.
      That's just a guess though. It would be helpful if you could describe
      how you're setting the pitch intervals (on the pedal or the app) and how
      you're loading the preset (on the pedal or the app)."

As was with the the previous PF firmware I programmed the intervals as it was without the H9 Contol but only started noticing that ever since i updated the PF's firmware that this strange never before behaviour started showing up.

This is my setting on the PF that's showing the problem which is everytime i repower my rig which powers up all my TF, PF, Space and H9 with the Eventide Power Factor 2 all connected to each other via MIDI for Clock, The Pitch Factor that uses the following settings seems to recall the wrong pitch intervals but after 1 or 2 cycles of bank changes only then does it recall back the expected programmed pitch intervals.;

Algorithm: Pitch Flex
      Mix: 20
      Pitch Mix A10+B10
      Heel A -5
      Heel B +1oct
      HT Gliss Instant
      TH Gliss Instant
      Tempo On
      LP Filter 0
      Shapre ) Toe A Off
      Toe B Off

Regards

R

Kentchorder

Hello,

I have weird bug to report. I have all factor pedals, connected PF->MF->TF-> SPACE in stereo and with MIDI. I am using PF to select patch and all other pedals will change patches accordingly to patch (preset) mapping in each pedal. I also send midi clock from MOTU TIMEPIECE to PF and clock continues to all other pedals via MIDI. All works well with last versions of firmware BEFORE beta or full new update to version 5.

I updated to last version all 3 pedals and beside that some patches on MF were replaced by some demo presets (no big deal I just reload from my saved backup) there is weird problem on MF ans SPACE as follows:

If I change preset by switches on the pedals all works well, BUT if I send change from PF via midi both MF and PF become stuck on present patch and are non-responsive till power cycle.

So, well I downgraded back and all works normally again.

Thanks!

gkellum
      Participant

Kentchorder:

If I change preset by switches on the pedals all works well, BUT if I send change from PF via midi both MF and PF become stuck on present patch and are non-responsive till power cycle.

Alright, thanks for the feedback. We'll see if we can reproduce this.

Kentchorder

Thx!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Did you re-initialize the pedals after upgrade ?

K-1000
      Participant

sorry for the long silence.

I tried what you said and among my other Midi/audio devices (Midi keyboard: Edirol PC-50, Audio Interface: M-Audio Profire 610 and cable Midi to USB: Edirol UM-1Ex), H9 Control recognized one that is called "USB Audio device" and that might stand for the Space, so I connected to it log in and it worked once.

Though it's really unstable and I could never make it happen again since H9 Control shutting down every time I try to connect  the Space manually now (it seems to recognize still the Space serial number SP-01617 though…)

gkellum
      Participant

K-1000:

I tried what you said and among my other Midi/audio devices (Midi keyboard: Edirol PC-50, Audio Interface: M-Audio Profire 610 and cable Midi to USB: Edirol UM-1Ex), H9 Control recognized one that is called "USB Audio device" and that might stand for the Space, so I connected to it log in and it worked once.

Though it's really unstable and I could never make it happen again since H9 Control shutting down every time I try to connect  the Space manually now (it seems to recognize still the Space serial number SP-01617 though…)

We had a couple of reports from other users who ran into problems who had lots of other MIDI devices plugged into their computer. One user noticed that if they disconnected all of their other MIDI devices except their Factor pedal, connected H9 Control, and then reconnected the other MIDI devices, then everything worked. Could you try this? It would help narrow down the problem. 

gkellum
      Participant

entreat69:

This is my setting on the PF that's showing the problem which is everytime i repower my rig which powers up all my TF, PF, Space and H9 with the Eventide Power Factor 2 all connected to each other via MIDI for Clock, The Pitch Factor that uses the following settings seems to recall the wrong pitch intervals but after 1 or 2 cycles of bank changes only then does it recall back the expected programmed pitch intervals.;

Algorithm: Pitch Flex
      Mix: 20
      Pitch Mix A10+B10
      Heel A -5
      Heel B +1oct
      HT Gliss Instant
      TH Gliss Instant
      Tempo On
      LP Filter 0
      Shapre ) Toe A Off
      Toe B Off

We tried reproducing this problem using the PitchFlex preset you posted, but we didn't have any luck getting the problem to happen.  We were wondering if you could disconnect the MIDI connections to your other stompboxes for a moment to check if the problem occurs when MIDI is not connected. Also, sometimes restoring a stompboxes system settings or reinitializing it to its factory settings clears up strange problems after updates.  If you'd like to try that, you can restore your system settings by powering up the PitchFactor with the algorithm selector knob and the right footswitch pressed; this will wipe out any MIDI mappings you might have though. You can reinitialize your PitchFactor to its factory settings including its factory presets by powering up the PitchFactor with the algorithm selector knob and the middle footswitch pressed; this will wipe out all of your presets and any MIDI mappings you might have though. So, if you do this, you'll want to back up all of your presets first.

fredrocks

When will we see TimeFactor's update? It has been some time.

I'm waiting for it to!

entreat69
      Participant

+1

mr. limbic

Question: I just got an H9 and registered through the H9 app and used the coupon (thanks!). Then, when I updated my PF and opened it in the H9 app it says I have 2 coupons, is there a way to use those? Its not letting me do anything with them right now. Or is there a way to get all of the pitchfactor algos for the H9 since I already have them "purchased'? Thanks

gkellum
      Participant

Mr. Limbic:

Question: I just got an H9 and registered through the H9 app and used the coupon (thanks!). Then, when I updated my PF and opened it in the H9 app it says I have 2 coupons, is there a way to use those? Its not letting me do anything with them right now. Or is there a way to get all of the pitchfactor algos for the H9 since I already have them "purchased'? Thanks

If you have your PitchFactor and your H9 connected at the same time to H9 Control, then you can use your coupons from your PitchFactor to purchase algorithms for your H9. They both have to be connected, as a safety check against someone else guessing the serial number of your devices and trying to use your coupons.

James Steele
      Participant

I just had a question/suggestion.  I have my ModFactor's MIDI Output set to "THRU" since I have other devices downstream from it that need to receive program changes, etc.   Unless I'm doing something wrong here, if I initiate a Bulk Sysex dump from the ModFactor, nothing will actually be sent out the MIDI Out even though it appears to be sending the preset data.  I have to change the MIDI Output setting to XMIT and then send the dump.

I was just wondering if there's any reason why initiating a bulk dump from the ModFactor shouldn't override the THRU/XMIT setting and just send the data out?  Thanks! 

dimitris1179
      Participant

BTW, will there be an "official" release of v5 anytime soon? As I see in the Modfactor page there are still the old files. Not a big deal – just saying….

jb4674

Since the update might still be in the last phases of the beta version, can you guys add an additional feature to all of them?

Allow the switch layout for the TF, MF, PF to be changed to the same layout the Space has, where the left button would enable/bypass the current patch, while the middle and right stomp buttons would allow the user to scroll up/down the banks.

Add it as a general option and still leave the original layout so the user can choose between one or the other.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

Oh, and Eventide rocks!

grimley
      Participant

+1.  I use my Factors on a desk (not a guitar player) and being able to scroll through the presets using the encoder like on the Space would be most most welcome!

derelict78
      Participant

So…timefactor?

gkellum
      Participant

derelict78:

So…timefactor?

The TimeFactor release is out now!  Check it out:

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/9489.aspx

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.