- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Ultratap Reply To: Ultratap

brock
Participant

I managed to hold out for over a year now, but the UltraTap algorithm is truly incredible.  I've used many multi-tap delays over the years; this one is unique.  The controls are deceptively simple, yet the interaction among all of them is where the variations shine.

The H9 Algorithm Guide description is an understatement.  The versatility extends to slicer patterns, complete tremolo-gate-Slow Gear effects, weird flanging … Ramp waveform added – sine & random dropped.  That makes sense.  I see a 4 second maximum delay with 1 second pre-delay (unlike the 3 sec. – 2 sec. split in the Guide).  And that's not a complaint.

The H9 Special algos seem to follow the Space formula – Hotswitch versus Performance Switch in the other 'Factors.  I was half-expecting to see infinite repeat, like the TimeFactor delays.  It seems like it would be a cool addition – latching the memory contents in the UltraTap, then changing the delay time and spacing in real-time.  Is this technically feasible, or was this a design decision (no PSW for H9 algos)?

I can see where dozens of presets can be designed around this one multilayered algorithm alone.  Very, very cool.  I'm really enjoying the H9 in combination with the PitchFactor.  The two create a deep 3d set on amazing effects that would be impossible using any other effects pair on my pedalboard.