- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor Expression Pedal Problem. Reply To: Pitchfactor Expression Pedal Problem.

gkellum
Participant

mkallis:

I have this same problem with the M Audio expression pedal – I try to set it to a 0-100 range so I can get a whammy effect and it won't go to the full octave. Was there any resolution on this? Thanks!

If you're having trouble getting any expression pedal to map correctly across its range with one of our stompboxes, what you should do is turn off the expression pedal auto-calibration feature and then turn it back on; this will reset the calibration. Then, you should move your expression pedal from heel to toe until you get the stompbox to recognize the range your expression pedal moves across. Then, you should turn auto calibration off again to lock out any further changes to the mapping.

This auto-calibration system setting appears in the more recents versions of H9 Control under pedal settings / general settings / pedal calibration, and you can find it on the stompbox itself under system settings. It's easier to adjust it in the app, but if for some reason you want to change it on the stompbox, to get to it on the stompbox, first go into system mode.  (On an H9 press the HotKnob and right footswitch, and on one of the Factor pedals press the algorithm selector encoder and the right footswitch),  Then scroll the encoder to Utils,  go into Utils by pressing the HotKnob on H9 or the algorithm selector encoder on the Factors, scroll the wheel to PDLCAL, go into PDLCAL, and use the wheel to turn the setting on and off as I described above. You can exit system settings by pressing the same buttons you pressed to get into system mode.